Club loyalty

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
I’ve been an active member of my club(Hever Castle) for 11 years, they have offered nothing for all the lost time, and during lockdown very little has been done to the course. They, like many other clubs have had a lot of new members. Due to circumstances, I asked if I could go on the flexi membership, to be told NO. Such a disappointing reply.

Dave1980

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't understand clubs doing nothing for their members when they have received a lot of financial support from the Government over the last year. I can see why they do not want members to transfer between membership categories. as it makes it difficult to budget for income.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Despite some support from the government a lot of clubs have lost a lot of money due lack of visitor and member's guest income.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This has been discussed on several threads.

Being on the committee up until recently I know what the lockdowns have cost the club in terms of lost income (tens of £1000s). Whilst we got something for loyalty due to the first lockdown the club simply cannot afford to give anymore for the subsequent lockdowns and if they did they only way to recoup it would be to up the membership fees which would be a forever more thing.

Quite a few of the staff lost their jobs during the past year. Green keeping staff has been at a minimum during the first and last lockdowns.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

It’s short sighted, rather than retain a loyal flexi up until such time they potentially restart their 5/7day membership, they lose both incomes. More so if you’re a established member you would have a circle of friends, maybe a relation ship with the pro etc which will all be lost revenue.

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
It’s short sighted, rather than retain a loyal flexi up until such time they potentially restart their 5/7day membership, they lose both incomes. More so if you’re a established member you would have a circle of friends, maybe a relation ship with the pro etc which will all be lost revenue.
I play for the club and have regular lessons with one of the pros, often drop in to practice and have a coffee.

gopher99

Visit site
I have just joined David Lloyds in kingshill, and I have quickly realised that loyalty= 12 months membership and they would try and sell you your sweat back if they could. Its a really tough one at the moment regarding what clubs can do for members. If they gave people money back, then they would be in financial trouble and if they don’t then members could possibly join other clubs which means revenue will be down also. Its a no win situation for anyone right now and when the job losses kick in it will only get worse.

D

Deleted Member 1156

My club has been very proactive. Our subs increased by 3% this year but that increase went directly on my bar card. There is also £150 of goodies for each member which include a full breakfast, Sunday lunch for 2, free guest tickets and other bits and bobs.

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
I have just joined David Lloyds in kingshill, and I have quickly realised that loyalty= 12 months membership and they would try and sell you your sweat back if they could. Its a really tough one at the moment regarding what clubs can do for members. If they gave people money back, then they would be in financial trouble and if they don’t then members could possibly join other clubs which means revenue will be down also. Its a no win situation for anyone right now and when the job losses kick in it will only get worse.
Do you play your golf at Kings Hill?

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
However during look down asked for nothing and offered free online classes