The deal breaker(s) when joining a new club?

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
There is definitely some misunderstanding of being an introvert, I am slight introverted and it annoys me.

Introvert is not a synonym for social anxiety, or shy.

An introvert is a personality type that means they prefer spending time with their internal thoughts or feelings rather than focusing on external stimulation. Where as an extrovert will prefer focusing on external factors and reacting to them. Introverts can quite easily function in large groups or parties, they can even be the centre of attention, but will find it mentally tiring, whereas an extrovert will gain energy from such an outing.

Introverts are happy by themselves or in small groups, especially if those small groups are friends or family, they will gain energy from these kind of interaction.

Some introverts will also have social anxiety and or are shy, but this doesn't mean that it is a trait of all introverts, Obama is an introvert and obviously with his oratory skills is not socially anxious.

For golf, introverts will enjoy solo golf, as above they are happiest focussing on their internal thoughts and processes and being by yourself in a quiet environment is pretty much ideal.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
There is definitely some misunderstanding of being an introvert, I am slight introverted and it annoys me.

Introvert is not a synonym for social anxiety, or shy.

An introvert is a personality type that means they prefer spending time with their internal thoughts or feelings rather than focusing on external stimulation. Where as an extrovert will prefer focusing on external factors and reacting to them. Introverts can quite easily function in large groups or parties, they can even be the centre of attention, but will find it mentally tiring, whereas an extrovert will gain energy from such an outing.

Introverts are happy by themselves or in small groups, especially if those small groups are friends or family, they will gain energy from these kind of interaction.

Some introverts will also have social anxiety and or are shy, but this doesn't mean that it is a trait of all introverts, Obama is an introvert and obviously with his oratory skills is not socially anxious.

For golf, introverts will enjoy solo golf, as above they are happiest focussing on their internal thoughts and processes and being by yourself in a quiet environment is pretty much ideal.
Indeed not, and easily confused, or in the case of my ex-wife don't even try, just lump all 3 into being "anti-Social" cos it suited her agenda. Not that it irks me still :LOL:

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
20 min drive
Easy booking system (Howdidido is shocking @ 7pm Friday's)
comps at least 3 times a month ideally more - not a fan of casual play
3hr 30min rounds and 3 balls MAX (never going to happen always 4hrs)
Fee's what ever I'm happy with when joining (ideally a refund for covid breaks)

Fresh move for 2023 the gap year, more play away than at home course :)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
20 min drive
Easy booking system (Howdidido is shocking @ 7pm Friday's)
comps at least 3 times a month ideally more - not a fan of casual play
3hr 30min rounds and 3 balls MAX (never going to happen always 4hrs)
Fee's what ever I'm happy with when joining (ideally a refund for covid breaks)

Fresh move for 2023 the gap year, more play away than at home course :)
with a wedding, honey moon and a game on the road to recovery this could well be my approach for 23.

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Joined a new club this year after moving house and I really enjoy it. Five minutes from house, easy to get a game ticked all the boxes or so I thought.
I'm trying to get my kids into golf and their is next to nothing for junior members. My old club had regular sessions and comps and stuff for them. Set up tees at 150 yards for the younger ones.
I take them up myself but they get nowhere near the same enjoyment and I can't really teach them.
Thought I had found my ideal course but now thinking about moving on.