Club comps

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My club isn't holding any competition for the forseeable. We have gone to 18 holes from tomorrow from 11.00 and from Saturday and Sunday from 8.00 and then from Monday it is 18 holes from dawn to dusk. We currently give members the options to play nine and choose either front or back. I am hoping that the decision to play 18 will still give everyone the chance to get out as it has been popular and worked well. Clearly less tee times for just 18 so we'll see. I think until we get firm guidance on paying entry fees, entering cards and signing into PSI and who will handle the cards then nothing will happen. Once the green light comes the club want to try and get some of the majors played asap

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I honestly don’t know yet as I have not played.
I presume it’s with your feet to the best of your ability,really couldn’t be a qualifier without bunkers

Which is why I asked, I think it would have to be as the ball lies, as if you take a certain number of bunkers out of play it becomes a non qualifier, but can’t remember the amount.

Wouldn’t want to be out late with all those foot prints, even trying to level with your feet or club, it’s not ideal!!

Siolag

Visit site
Like isn't enough for this post. Some members at my club look at me like I'm mad anytime I dare to raise this subject.

Our club has tee times for ladies on Saturdays now. I hope that they are actually used. I know my Fiancée is very keen to play in them. I think it’s downright scandalous that a whole section of a membership can lose essentially a day on a Saturday.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Which is why I asked, I think it would have to be as the ball lies, as if you take a certain number of bunkers out of play it becomes a non qualifier, but can’t remember the amount.

Wouldn’t want to be out late with all those foot prints, even trying to level with your feet or club, it’s not ideal!!
Theres is a local rule that clubs can adopt during this mad period, forget the actual wording but I think there is pick and place somewhere in the wording, in the Play Safe document I think.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site

Preferred lies are allowed in bunkers for qualifiers (within 6” iirc)

Its on CONGU website ??

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Our club has tee times for ladies on Saturdays now. I hope that they are actually used. I know my Fiancée is very keen to play in them. I think it’s downright scandalous that a whole section of a membership can lose essentially a day on a Saturday.

So you would scrap ladies day then?

It’s this that always gets asked when ladies ask to play on Saturdays which are primarily the men’s competition day, but every clubs ladies section that I know from reading many articles that voted on it, did not want to surrender their ladies day, so, you can’t really have a restriction on a ladies day where men can’t play but then demand to play on the Saturday in their day, can you?

It either has to be a fully open 7-day membership with no category restrictions or the current status quo of ladies and men’s separate Comp days.

I’ve been at a club where there were a few ladies that wanted to play on Saturdays and the club gave them an hour slot, bug only 2 ladies took it up after all the huffing & puffing, and after 2 months, it was removed.

There’s no easy answer and I think it’s up to each individual club to make a decision, I don’t think it will ever be a national decision, there’s too many ladies that won’t play amongst men and won’t surrender there day.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Preferred lies are allowed in bunkers for qualifiers (within 6” iirc)

Its on CONGU website ??

We have pick & place at Woodhall, but nothing at Coventry.

If carrying a mini personal rake, could you pick, clean, rake & place?

Siolag

Visit site
So you would scrap ladies day then?

It’s this that always gets asked when ladies ask to play on Saturdays which are primarily the men’s competition day, but every clubs ladies section that I know from reading many articles that voted on it, did not want to surrender their ladies day, so, you can’t really have a restriction on a ladies day where men can’t play but then demand to play on the Saturday in their day, can you?

It either has to be a fully open 7-day membership with no category restrictions or the current status quo of ladies and men’s separate Comp days.

I’ve been at a club where there were a few ladies that wanted to play on Saturdays and the club gave them an hour slot, bug only 2 ladies took it up after all the huffing & puffing, and after 2 months, it was removed.

There’s no easy answer and I think it’s up to each individual club to make a decision, I don’t think it will ever be a national decision, there’s too many ladies that won’t play amongst men and won’t surrender there day.

Ladies Day at mine is largely over by the time I’d want to play in the evening. I’m sure most clubs could accommodate every lady member in the space of 2-3 hours if necessary.

There’s a massive difference between a Saturday and a Tuesday (when ours is). Not everyone is off all week, and young professional people who pay for 7 day memberships should be able to play both days if they wish. A few tee times for ladies on a Saturday will not effect anyone negatively (and in the first instance we are actually talking 2 tee off times at ours). If you want to attract younger women to the game, or retain previous junior golfers that don’t play at an elite level, they need weekend competition.

PaulS

Visit site
Ladies Day at mine is largely over by the time I’d want to play in the evening. I’m sure most clubs could accommodate every lady member in the space of 2-3 hours if necessary.

There’s a massive difference between a Saturday and a Tuesday (when ours is). Not everyone is off all week, and young professional people who pay for 7 day memberships should be able to play both days if they wish. A few tee times for ladies on a Saturday will not effect anyone negatively (and in the first instance we are actually talking 2 tee off times at ours). If you want to attract younger women to the game, or retain previous junior golfers that don’t play at an elite level, they need weekend competition.

Right now within our club the perception is that ladies can play 7 days of the week where as men just 6 because Ladies day is booked out everywhere from 9 until 4 on both tee regardless of how many are playing.

The Ladies are refusing to make their tee times visible so that other members can play when the tee is free. We know that there is only about 50 of them playing on a Tuesday. The ladies were able to play in every medal and Stableford at weekends but that’s going to change and they are also going to be asked to stop playing on a Saturday. Equality must go both ways

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like isn't enough for this post. Some members at my club look at me like I'm mad anytime I dare to raise this subject.
We have a club comp on Saturday once a month for all members .
A club comp on Wednesday every week.
The only reason all comps aren’t mixed is that the ladies refused to give up their Tuesday tee block for their comp.
So we stayed men only on Saturday three out of four.
The ladies have Tuesday for their comps every week.
The ladies can play straight after the comp has finished on Saturday.
But on Tuesday the ladies insist on 30min buffer behind the last game.
All the ladies at my club are really great and we do get on but they seem very hesitant about playing with the men.
Even though most are married to members.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That goes two ways though.
At my last club All the ladies We’re 5 day members so didn’t play on weekends.
Ladies day was Tuesday so was my day off work.
So I couldn’t play at my own course on my day off work.
So I was basically a 6 day member unless I wanted to play after 5pm which I didn’t ( school run).

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right now within our club the perception is that ladies can play 7 days of the week where as men just 6 because Ladies day is booked out everywhere from 9 until 4 on both tee regardless of how many are playing.

The Ladies are refusing to make their tee times visible so that other members can play when the tee is free. We know that there is only about 50 of them playing on a Tuesday. The ladies were able to play in every medal and Stableford at weekends but that’s going to change and they are also going to be asked to stop playing on a Saturday. Equality must go both ways
That is exactly what happened at my club.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why do men and women need to have separate competitions?
Because if the women played off the white tees they would not win very often.
There would be a two tee comp and compensation shots to the ladies at mine .
But mainly because they don’t want to play with the men .
That’s just my personal experience.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Because if the women played off the white tees they would not win very often.
But mainly because they don’t want to play with the men .
That’s just my personal experience.

The tees have nothing to do with it as the red tees will have their own SSS, they could still have their own Comp on the same day, just like at Woodhall when we can choose to play off the yellows of whites on Comp day.

There’s also adjustments that can be done with courtesy shots if they played off a Same tee, so, the main reason is most, not all, don’t want to play amongst the men.