Clacton-on-sea (tough school)

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s due a decent cut.

Can someone explain the entry system to Brian AGAIN please? It’s as well he didn’t have any blobs

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
33 points actually a decent return especially at this time of year
Only 12 points behind the actual winner but 33 is not a bad score at all. Quite a funny mistake to make. I am sure it raised some eyebrows when the results were posted lol

I normally see scores being higher in the winter rather than lower but it does depend fully on the course setup and if it is made any shorter to accommodate the lack of run on the ball.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Only 12 points behind the actual winner but 33 is not a bad score at all. Quite a funny mistake to make. I am sure it raised some eyebrows when the results were posted lol

I normally see scores being higher in the winter rather than lower but it does depend fully on the course setup and if it is made any shorter to accommodate the lack of run on the ball.
We play our comps of the yellows in the winter so there is usually an improvement in scoring as the course is shorter and the few carries we have significantly reduced. The par 3's especially the 1st and 17th in particular are reduced from around 220 yards each to an easier 165-170.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
This kind of thing happened on a Captain's Day at my first club, fortunately the year after my stint on the committee..
A pair of 28'ers (no slight on 28'ers at all) happened to be marking each other's cards
One came in with 41 points and one came in with 40....
Came first and second..
Very unlike the winner who, on a good day, was a steady 30 point man....
Prizes were dished out etc etc
During dinner he mentioned to someone that he was surprised he came in with that number of points as hed not really had a good day and had bobbed many holes..
Alarm bells!!!
The card was quickly checked and hed put his gross score in the points column - this is the days before PSI
A hasty count revealed hed actually substantially fewer points ts than credited with..
Prizes recalled, every card checked and eventually the correct winner was established
It seems nobody had actually checked the cards as they came in, just taken the number given.
A fair few red faces on the committee members that day.....