Artificial alignment aid or not??

Swango1980

Visit site
What shocks me more is that there are people who pay membership for golf clubs, buy the latest brand clubs, have fancy golf attire, have a GPS/Rangefinder and use Titeilist Pro V's......

and then go to such lengths for fear of using a pink castle tee :)

tobybarker

Visit site
What shocks me more is that there are people who pay membership for golf clubs, buy the latest brand clubs, have fancy golf attire, have a GPS/Rangefinder and use Titeilist Pro V's......

Considering the number of tethered pairs of tees I've found over the years, i wonder why they bother!

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

Newport goes on tee mats in the winter. They leave the grass quite long around them for protection.

You then get the sight of a four ball of Seniors, hunting for a missing pink tee. It's hilarious

DickInShorts

Visit site
Lots of seniors use them at our course in the winter when 17deg 18 tees are off mats. The natural way to ensure the ‘trailing’ tees wont interfere with your swing path is to ‘flick’ them away from you when putting the tee you are using into the ground - thus ending up perpendicular to the line of intended shot.

It has never occurred to me when I’ve used this practice that this could be used as an alignment aid.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site

To be fair I hunt for tees including broken ones not for their value but to stop littering the teeing area. Same as repairing pitch marks, replacing divots etc.