Christmas Preparations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would normally go to club on Christmas Eve for a few beers with the usual faces. Christmas Day is normally the in-laws round for dinner but this year just the wife and I so no idea what time HID will serve up. Loving the fact it'll just be the two of us. Finish on Christmas Eve around 11.00am and then back on Monday the 4th so plenty of lie ins, golf and chilling with HID

D

Deleted member 1740

We've got the inlaws coming round, 8 of us in total, subject to them having a negative test.

I've already said 27 hail Mary's and 45 how's yer father In hope they fail said test?

Boxing day is a sports day which will consist of a breakfast about 10oclock, shorts and t-shirt on, copious amounts of beer whilst I sit and punt every race possible whilst flicking over to the football. Like a pig in ***?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
You can cook them with anything you like, they are still the work of the devil ??

I'm with you, and judging by the "cook it with bacon" comments it seems that even the people on here that say they 'like' sprouts need to cook the worst food on the planet with the best food on the planet just to make sprouts edible! ?

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We've got the inlaws coming round, 8 of us in total, subject to them having a negative test.

I've already said 27 hail Mary's and 45 how's yer father In hope they fail said test?

Boxing day is a sports day which will consist of a breakfast about 10oclock, shorts and t-shirt on, copious amounts of beer whilst I sit and punt every race possible whilst flicking over to the football. Like a pig in ***?

Boxing day is brilliant for sport. One of my favourite days of the year.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We were going to have an oven ready turkey but it looks like they cannot deliver that, so going with a turkey crown with all the usual trimmings.
Playing safe with just the two of us......as much as I love my children and grandchildren I must confess I am quite looking forward to it.
Really concerned about all the families who are putting themselves at risk for something that can be done another day in safer times.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Once I've got the turkey and veg first thing Monday morning my wife and I are going into total lock down until at least the 28th. Absolutely no visitors for the first time in 25 years and couldn't be happier.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Waiting for the travel ban to be announced at 4.00 then that will end the trip to the in-laws and it will be my wife and me at home. Bought a nice haunch of venison just in case as I can see a bit if a run in smaller cuts if meat tomorrow

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You can cook them with anything you like, they are still the work of the devil ??

Essentially when sprouts start to taste "awful" it is when they are over cooked and the chemical that makes them taste bitter is changed and gets it really bitter taste. I love sprouts but hate overcooked ones.

Do you have a hatred of all brassicas eg cabbage and kale?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Essentially when sprouts start to taste "awful" it is when they are over cooked and the chemical that makes them taste bitter is changed and gets it really bitter taste. I love sprouts but hate overcooked ones.

Yes.

Sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and celery are the foods that I find completely untouchable. There are others I dislike but can manage at a push. Those quoted are red line foods ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that’s Xmas preparations changed then - Xmas at home with just the wife and daughter, gutted for the daughter as she is really getting it and was going to be lovely to share it with her cousins

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Luckily went out this morning and bought all I need for Xmas for 2. Can see supermarkets being hell tomorrow as people go out to try and get a Xmas dinner

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

My mum used to boil veg to mush and my mother in law al dente, but sprouts were evil either way. No interest in cauliflower and never tasted kale.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well that’s Xmas preparations changed then - Xmas at home with just the wife and daughter, gutted for the daughter as she is really getting it and was going to be lovely to share it with her cousins
Same here.☹️We were worried about travelling to see family and now it has been taken out of our hands. At least MiL won’t be on her own