Pressure washers - expandable hose+brass attachments

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I have one of these hoses from amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Expandable...1-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1 , had it about 2 years now and been good as gold.

I'm after a pressure washer for general home cleaning duties - ie cleaning patios, paving slabs and the like. When I look into them (e.g. the Karcher K2 https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kärcher-Po...119388&sprefix=karcher+k2,aps,146&sr=8-3&th=1 ) the attachment points always seem to be plastic and always shown with your standard rubber hose instead one of the expandable ones like I have.

I've tried googling but am getting nowhere, can you cross fit brass and plastic connectors? what about this style of hose, can they be used ok on a pressure washer type of setup or would it be best to get a specific hose?

Anything else that I havent thought or/considered? I am an open mind awaiting education....

Cheers all

Adam

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely you just need the relevant brass fitting on the pressure washer? I have a nilfisk washer and i know the fitting on it is removable, so i could swap that out to one that would accept a brass fitting?

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely you just need the relevant brass fitting on the pressure washer? I have a nilfisk washer and i know the fitting on it is removable, so i could swap that out to one that would accept a brass fitting?
Oh really, I assumed it was a fix part of the unit. I'll have a look at nilfisk.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well it is on the one i have anyway!! Mine is old now, but looks like this one! https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-110-bar-Pressure-Washer/dp/B01MRWOSJE/ref=sr_1_8_sspa?keywords=nilfisk+pressure+washer&qid=1683120975&sprefix=nilfisk,aps,204&sr=8-8-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1

They always had a better rep than Karcher as they used metal impellers rather than plastic,
the connection point looks metal on that.... could be onto something, thank you sir.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a Karcher K4 and just checked, the hose-in connection is a plastic "hose-lock" click type but is just a screw on attachment. Take it off and it's a BSP thread underneath. So assuming that your hose has a standard BSP threaded brass end, it should just screw on to the plastic thread on the pressure washer.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have found that you cannot use an expandable hose with a pressure washer as it sucks the water from the main at a greater pressure than the supply and therefore the hose collapses.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you mean the outlet hose
I thought the hoses themselves have thicker walls to withstand the pressure and a narrow bore to maintain the pressure.

The inlet hose can be anything because it is just under 'standard' pressure.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I did my patio only the other day and my expandable hose with brass connector fitted on my Karcher just fine. No adaptor required.