Christmas Preparations

D

Deleted member 21258

What with the son having to live at his girlfriends parents house during much of this year due to the law :(:(:( we are going medieval style Christmas this year and cooking over a barbie outside.

Got a home made burner in the garden to normally burn garden waste, but will cook Christmas breakfast , dinner and evening meal over it this year. All subject to weather and if necessary we will change the date of Christmas to fit better weather, whats a day between family ;)

Have already welded up a roasting spit for the chicken, and welded up a pot holder for a veggie pot. Done the jacket potato's long reach skewers to put direct in the fire, a cheap old cd player to play christmas cds on outside. Still got a griddle to make, so can cook the bacon/eggs in the morning on it and will cook a christmas pud/mince pies on it and the Indian curry/bread/onion bajahas later on when son arrives.

Got a couple of scratch cards as prizes and going to play Play your cards right and a few other games, darts, chipping, bowls

Kind of looking forward to it, it could be a disaster, in many ways hope it is, always laugh when it goes wrong and I need a laugh with all this going on, also love the carbon taste of burnt offerings :LOL::LOL:

Hope you all enjoy Christmas and have fun.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit worrying is how many people on this forum are stating they are going to stay overnight, meet more than 2 other households, etc. This is not allowed in any of the home nations and I urge people to think about what they have planned or we will definitely be a a lockdown after Christmas- and if Boris goes for Tier 4 as rumoured, then it will be harder than it is now.
Hmm.

Think I've only seen one reply which suggested he'll be meeting more people than permitted. (And he'll know who he is).

Plans for Chez Backwoodsman (ie me & HID) are such that we've hung a wreath on the front door. No tree, no presents this year. Between now & Xmas Day we'll work our way through the couple of cases of wine we've bought. And on Xmas Day go to have lunch with my mum.(Me & HID have less interaction with the outside world than anyone else in our family, so are the nominated representatives to go and make sure Mum isnt on her own for the day). Then that's Christmas finished.

D

Deleted member 16999

After a rough end to the year we’ve gone (no choice really) for just the 3 of us.

I’m up for the traditional roast on a decorated table, proper Chrismassy like.

Thought as it’s the first one without any Grandparents for my lad that we’d relent and let him choose between his favourite meal, fajitas or Christmas dinner, I voted dinner, wife not fussed went fajitas (less work for her as I make them:mad:) and fully expected the lad to go fajitas.

He went with Dinner:eek: get in! Both of us nearly fell off a chair, when quizzed why, it’s the only time he likes dinner, apparently.

So full on now, light breakfast, full Christmas dinner, sprouts a must, love them, Christmas pudding afters and picky tea late on.

And of course, Christmas jumper’s must be worn.

Looking forward to just us, no interuptions.

D

Deleted member 25172

I don't know what to expect. It'll be the second time in my life not celebrating christmas with my family in Sweden, and the first time without any Swede's around at all. It feels a bit surreal tbh, and a bit sad at the same time. And I sure will miss the Swedish food. :(

I might try to have a go at making a few Swedish things though to put on the plate. Especially "Janssons frestelse" (Janssons temptation) which is a like a potato gratain, but it's shredded potato with loads of double cream, onions and ansjovies that you cook in the oven. Delicious.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
After this crap year I’m really looking forward to Xmas with the family especially all the grandkids coming. I’ll be making full Xmas dinner with all the trimmings including sprouts which will be done with smoked bacon and chestnuts. Daughter will be making pudding.

I’ve even made a grinch this year cut out from wood with jigsaw I downloaded a template from the net for £7.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit worrying is how many people on this forum are stating they are going to stay overnight, meet more than 2 other households, etc. This is not allowed in any of the home nations and I urge people to think about what they have planned or we will definitely be a a lockdown after Christmas- and if Boris goes for Tier 4 as rumoured, then it will be harder than it is now.
January is lockdown every year for me anyway. Skint.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As with every year since they were old enough my kids will be planning on putting one sprout on my plate to see if I have changed my mind about them. I haven't and I won't as I hate them with a passion.