Putter toe is raised, does it matter?

D

Deleted member 35504

An assumption based on logic and how the human body works, yes.
You're confusing the issue. The question was, does it matter if the toe is raised in comparison to the heel.

The answer is, the tilt makes no difference to the aim of the face with so little loft on the putter, unlike a wedge where the face would aim left.

It is true that certain set up/stance factors can influence the amount of arc and lie angle but that is a separate question.

Do 2 identical strokes have different outcomes where one has a slightly raised toe? Very simply, no, the ball doesn't care.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You're confusing the issue. The question was, does it matter if the toe is raised in comparison to the heel.

The answer is, the tilt makes no difference to the aim of the face with so little loft on the putter, unlike a wedge where the face would aim left.

It is true that certain set up/stance factors can influence the amount of arc and lie angle but that is a separate question.

Do 2 identical strokes have different outcomes where one has a slightly raised toe? Very simply, no, the ball doesn't care.
No it isn't. We're talking about whether having the toe up affects holing putts, bottom line. So why would you ignore one possible negative side effect of having the toe up? Daft.

I already said in my first reply that if you're holing putts then don't worry about it. But OP literally asked us to explore all possible negative effects of having the toe up:
The thing that stood out, the putter face didn't sit flat, the toe was raised slightly. Not dramatically but certainly by a few mm. The question is, does it actually matter? What is the downside of this?

You're basically telling me that if you can putt with the toe up without it affecting your direction or stroke then there's no downside - well, duh.

Reactions: sjw