Celebs who’ve passed

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Roger Whittaker passed away last week RIP.

Went to see him once when on with Tammy Wynette and Kenny Rodgers. No idea why as I am not into country music!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Ah Roger of the Mexican Whistler and Durham Town. A mellifluous (good word that) voice from simpler times - and though not one which had me rushing out to buy his albums (he wisnae exactly hip) it is certainly one that triggers pleasant memories of a 1960s-early 70s childhood. He has now indeed sung his Last Farewell. GB

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah Roger of the Mexican Whistler and Durham Town. A mellifluous (good word that) voice from simpler times - and though not one which had me rushing out to buy his albums (he wisnae exactly hip) it is certainly one that triggers pleasant memories of a 1960s-early 70s childhood. He has now indeed sung his Last Farewell. GB

When I was about 10 (I think) we put on a school play that was based on an old style music hall. The girls all had to wear long dresses - NOT this girl, no way no how. So I was Master of Ceremonies and I still remember my lines "now let us meander down memory lane and listen to the mellifluous, melancholic, melodic meanderings in the major mode of the miniscule might of Ian and the magnificent, munificent Alison, as their voices blend together in "I'm shy, Mary Ellen, I'm shy" :)

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Exactly this Hugh, if ever I hear “The Last Farewell” I am transported to Summer holidays at Westward Ho! at Braddicks holiday camp. (Very Hi-di-Hi) happy days with my mum and dad.🥲

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The news of David McCallum completely caught me out…

From time to time I‘ve been watching the original Man from UNCLE on Talking Pictures TV…and in my minds eye he is still that young, good looking and dashing Scottish guy in a top US TV prog. Back then that was quite a thing and he was a bit of a hero for a wee bespectacled and rather geeky Glaswegian kid.

GB you sir. And Thankyou.