Celebs who’ve passed

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Poor guy. Brought joy to millions at the expense of his health

No age 54
In truth it’s pretty unlikely to have been anything particularly or directly to do with his work that ‘caused‘ his addiction. He talked of his having an addictive personality and a personality that involved huge insecurities and issues of self-worth even before he discovered alcohol or drugs. Put his personality together with alcohol and drugs and you have a very toxic and dangerous mix…🙁

Sounds like his body just very sadly gave up on him…

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In truth it’s pretty unlikely to have been anything particularly or directly to do with his work that ‘caused‘ his addiction. He talked of his having an addictive personality and a personality that involved huge insecurities and issues of self-worth even before he discovered alcohol or drugs. Put his personality together with alcohol and drugs and you have a very toxic and dangerous mix…🙁

Sounds like his body just very sadly gave up on him…
The drugs, apparently, were pain killers, opioids, following a filming accident. No noise of them being recreational. The ease of which people in the USA can obtain these incredibly strong drugs in large numbers and to order is a real problem. If you have the money.............

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The drugs, apparently, were pain killers, opioids, following a filming accident. No noise of them being recreational. The ease of which people in the USA can obtain these incredibly strong drugs in large numbers and to order is a real problem. If you have the money.............
When I did the Panama Canal cruise in March for my 60th. The last stop before Los Angeles was Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. That’s where me and Missis T stayed when COVID hit (Not sure if I mentioned that😉).Anyway it has changed massively in a sense of pharmacies. They are everywhere and I mean everywhere. You can get anything and I mean anything. The yanks were buying it by the suitcase full. When we got to LA airport to fly home there was people who had bought prescription drugs in Mexico and were taking them home in clear plastic boxes So you could see what they were when going through customs. The guy in front of us had a box full of diabetes drugs. The drugs apparently, listening to the Americans on the cruise ship are a fraction of the price in America.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Although he never managed the national side, the best England manager was Brian Clough.
He sort of managed the England team from the commentary box.

'Unfortunately, we're all somewhere in a long queue for a coffin on a planet which is a graveyard for all life.'

Tashyboy

Visit site
Although he never managed the national side, the best England manager was Brian Clough.

'Unfortunately, we're all somewhere in a long queue for a coffin on a planet which is a graveyard for all life.'
Seriously, who wrote that.
Born live die. In that order. It’s the live bit that I am focusing on, and my focus is not a coffin.
Re Tel nearly a legend 🤔 in the eyes of the Spurs fans am sure he is, ask the Arsenal fans. Re England he had a team that had me on the edge of my seat, and for that I think him.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Seriously, who wrote that.
Born live die. In that order. It’s the live bit that I am focusing on, and my focus is not a coffin.
Re Tel nearly a legend 🤔 in the eyes of the Spurs fans am sure he is, ask the Arsenal fans. Re England he had a team that had me on the edge of my seat, and for that I think him.
I did.

Lineker said this: 'Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.'

Reflecting on 1990 and 1996, no doubt.
Couldn't have been anyone else really :rolleyes:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

(y)(y)

Tashyboy

Visit site
I did.

Lineker said this: 'Football is a simple game. Twenty-two men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win.'

Reflecting on 1990 and 1996, no doubt.
He also said that

The best, most innovative coach'​

Former England captain Gary Lineker, whom Venables signed for Barcelona and Spurs, told the BBC: "He was not a coach or just a manager but a friend. He was charming, charismatic, witty but he was also tough - and that's what you needed to be.

"He understood football - he had an incredible football brain."

Shearer said that
Ex-England skipper Alan Shearer, a member of the Euro 96 side, said: "Extremely sad news. The great Terry Venables has passed away. RIP Boss. I owe you so much. You were amazing."
Gary Neville said
Former England defender Gary Neville said Venables was "without doubt the most technically gifted British coach we've ever produced".

"A man who gave me a chance to play for my country and became without a shadow of doubt my number one England coach in my whole career," said Neville.

"England certainly needed more like him and it was a real sadness when he left at the end of Euro 96. I felt it never got as good again for England as it was under him."

I could go on. He gave football fans real hope unlike the rammel we watch today. From my point of view I. Hold read the comments of people whose lives he changed or I could read born, live coffin posts. I will go with the former.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Tel is reported to have had dementia, but it just says he died after a long illness.
It would be valuable to know what celebs do die of so that open discussion can take place.
According to studies, footballers have up to a 50% increased risk of dementia by heading the ball.
I watch non-league myself and it always makes me a unsettled to see what players are expected to do for their team.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Tel is reported to have had dementia, but it just says he died after a long illness.
It would be valuable to know what celebs do die of so that open discussion can take place.
According to studies, footballers have up to a 50% increased risk of dementia by heading the ball.
I watch non-league myself and it always makes me a unsettled to see what players are expected to do for their team.
Footballers, and their families, are also entitled to a private life. If their family do not want this disclosed, that is their right.