Celebs who’ve passed

D

Deleted member 1147

Apparently Jerry Springer has died aged 79
To be fair I thought he'd already snuffed it.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So sad this morning to hear of the passing of Gordon Lightfoot.

I’d only recently started listening to more than his most well known stuff, and it’s just so good. A good friend of Bob Dylan he wrote some of Dylan’s favourite songs, songs from the heart.

Just ten days ago I posted a link (#5335) to ‘If I Could Read your Mind‘ on the ‘What are you listening to thread’, but perhaps less known is this sort of hauntingly beautiful song that I only rediscovered these last few weeks (He said it was about his cat…well…🤔😍)

RIP Gordon…you’ve left quite a legacy.

Daylight Katy

Last edited:

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Just seen that Francis Monkman died in mid May. He was a founder member of Curved Air and went on to be in Sky.

Can't say I was a huge fan, but he was certainly a very gifted musician.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Jim Hines, the first man under 10 seconds has died aged 76.
I'm amazed that I have never heard of this guy. We should know his name in the same way that we know Roger Bannister. I've just checked on BBC Sport website and it is there but just as a small note really.

Thanks for pointing this out.

D

Deleted member 1147

I'm amazed that I have never heard of this guy. We should know his name in the same way that we know Roger Bannister. I've just checked on BBC Sport website and it is there but just as a small note really.

Thanks for pointing this out.
A huge milestone like that and he's forgotten by most.
I've always had a huge interest in all sports (keep thinking of going on pointless) and I didn't really know of him

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A huge milestone like that and he's forgotten by most.
I've always had a huge interest in all sports (keep thinking of going on pointless) and I didn't really know of him

He held the record for nearly 15 years. Quite remarkable when you consider how competitive the 100m is.