Celebs who’ve passed

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The town library does a display most years of the celebs, scientists etc that have died in the previous years and the Beeb does similar in one of the early news programmes in January.

I still get 'amazed' at how many have passed that I had not heard about. Some I only find about from facebook e.g the recent death of David Crosby (Guitarist The Byrds, Crosby stills Nash and Young).

Some die that I have never heard of or realised who they played with and it makes me look them up e.g Gary Moore (although that was some years ago)

venger

Visit site
A couple of glaring omissions:

1. He may look like a zombie, but I don't think Keith Richards is dead.

2. Elvis is now 88, and as we all know he's alive and well, working in a chip shop.

My brother in law favorite joke is insisting that Keith Richards died 30 years ago, except nobody told him

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any chance the OP @Captainron could change the title of this thread to something with a bit more compassion?
Just seems such a shame that people being discussed are referred to as dead celebs.
Over the last couple of years I have been saddened by the passing of 2 legends in my life, Dave Greenfield and Jet Black of the Stranglers. The band were and integral part of my teenage years and are still an important part of me.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Agree about the title.

Sad news today that Tom Verlaine has passed away. That first Television album could be the most perfect note for note of all time. :(

Very sad news, suspect most on here will have no idea who he was, but agree it is a sad loss. Marquee Moon is an immense track...and that guitar solo :eek:

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just after Dickie Davies John Motson has passed away today. Probably one of the best commentators we have had. A mind of knowledge and always enjoyed his broadcasts.

Very sad news R.I.P. You will be missed.