Celebs who’ve passed

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The same Sharon Osbourne who made a tidy living for many years as a judge on talent shows, the shows that were very much part of the problem?
Up to a point but she does make a valid point. All these record industry execs benefitted from One Direction as did all the hangers on. Clearly he had issues that he had no outlet for and where was the support.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Up to a point but she does make a valid point. All these record industry execs benefitted from One Direction as did all the hangers on. Clearly he had issues that he had no outlet for and where was the support.
Of course she makes a valid point but please don't praise her for that. She was part of the machinery that flogged these artists for every penny, every bead of sweat. Where was she when she could have actually made a difference? Counting the cheques, sucking up to Cowell. The words now are pretty hollow imo.

Red devil

Visit site
Tale as old as time.

Pink Floyd laid it all out bare in 1975 with Have a Cigar/Welcome to the Machine.

Both about the way the music industry is less than genuine towards its artists and sees them as mere commodities.

“Welll I’ve always had a deep respect and I mean that most sincere.
The band is just fantastic that is really what I think, oh and by the way which one’s Pink…?”
Remember back in the day going to see Chuck Berry. He was late on stage due to his demand that he be paid in cash before he went on which he kept in a bag by an amp whilst he performed.
Read that he'd been ripped off numerous times in the past and had learnt his lesson

Swango1980

Visit site
Of course she makes a valid point but please don't praise her for that. She was part of the machinery that flogged these artists for every penny, every bead of sweat. Where was she when she could have actually made a difference? Counting the cheques, sucking up to Cowell. The words now are pretty hollow imo.
She did say "we all let you down". So, it does look like she is taking part of that responsibility

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
That quote from the song absolutely sums up the music industry 👍
I think the line in WTTM is also as poignant

“What did you dream? It’s alright we told you what to dream…”

I think everyone knows Wish You Were Here was written about Syd Barrett and at the heart of it was the issues that he faced because of fast stardom and zero support from the people pushing him.

The issues repeat decade after decade and still there is no checks and balances being pit in place to minimise, of not prevent, the industry from chewing up young and impressionable people for the pursuit of profit.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I think the line in WTTM is also as poignant

“What did you dream? It’s alright we told you what to dream…”

I think everyone knows Wish You Were Here was written about Syd Barrett and at the heart of it was the issues that he faced because of fast stardom and zero support from the people pushing him.

The issues repeat decade after decade and still there is no checks and balances being pit in place to minimise, of not prevent, the industry from chewing up young and impressionable people for the pursuit of profit.
Amy Winehouse???? Where was her support although in her case how difficult was it for to accept any help she had received