Celebs who’ve passed

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
John Ashton died over the weekend at the age of 78. The name will not mean much .... he was Taggart in Beverly Hills Cop. A truly iconic role.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Dutch internationals from those 1970s years included many great players. Ipswich were lucky to have Thijssen and Muhren when there weren't very many European players in Div 1.
Always great to watch Dutch football in that decade.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My daughter is 22 and 1D were a massive part of her teenage years. Very much, the biggest band in her life. This one will not resonate with a lot on here, wrong era, but for those who have kids of a similar age it will definitely impact. Far too young,

If you ever want to see the impact of fame at a young age, the production line of the music industry with manufactured bands, you could do worse than watch the 1D film. Genuinely sad at times, they were treated as a commodity, nothing more.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
My daughter is 22 and 1D were a massive part of her teenage years. Very much, the biggest band in her life. This one will not resonate with a lot on here, wrong era, but for those who have kids of a similar age it will definitely impact. Far too young,

If you ever want to see the impact of fame at a young age, the production line of the music industry with manufactured bands, you could do worse than watch the 1D film. Genuinely sad at times, they were treated as a commodity, nothing more.

Some people’s eyes light up when they see these people - the likes of Simon Fuller etc see them as nothing but money making machines and it’s never a surprise when you see them split up early or some have issues

Seems this young lad recently was served by his ex a court order and he was having some demons to battle and there is no doubt the leeches surrounding did nothing to help - a young lad has lost his dad

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Some people’s eyes light up when they see these people - the likes of Simon Fuller etc see them as nothing but money making machines and it’s never a surprise when you see them split up early or some have issues

Seems this young lad recently was served by his ex a court order and he was having some demons to battle and there is no doubt the leeches surrounding did nothing to help - a young lad has lost his dad
Simon Cowell surely

Simon Fuller was the Spice Girls manager

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Terribly sad. A life lost way to young. Just so sad when drink and drugs get a hold. From the outside you'd think he had everything but clearly a human being struggling. Sad. RIP.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Both the same tbh - Fuller was one of the originals to market them like bit of meat
Tale as old as time.

Pink Floyd laid it all out bare in 1975 with Have a Cigar/Welcome to the Machine.

Both about the way the music industry is less than genuine towards its artists and sees them as mere commodities.

“Welll I’ve always had a deep respect and I mean that most sincere.
The band is just fantastic that is really what I think, oh and by the way which one’s Pink…?”

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tale as old as time.

Pink Floyd laid it all out bare in 1975 with Have a Cigar/Welcome to the Machine.

Both about the way the music industry is less than genuine towards its artists and sees them as mere commodities.

The band is just fantastic that is really what I think, oh and by the way which one’s Pink…?”
Watched the Paloma Faith documentary. The Sony guy kept telling her everyone would forget her if she went and looked after her children. The pressure from this parasite was incredible.
I can only imagine it’s same old same old. Only now the artists royalties are less accessible due the stones and Beatles being absolutely minted it .. their record company was very unhappy

3 jabber

Visit site
Tale as old as time.

That quote from the song absolutely sums up the music industry 👍

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Tale as old as time.

Great documentary on Sky about this album

Well done Sharon Osborne - "where was the music industry when you needed them"