Cataract surgery

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It looks like I shall be having cataract surgery Monday evening on the eye that I had retinal surgery on earlier this year. No problem with that, but I'd be interested in finding out how soon anyone played after undergoing this proceedure and how it felt

Thanks in advance

D

Deleted Member 1156

Can't answer your query Chris but hope all goes well and you are back out on the course soon mate :thup:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I believe it's very much an individual assessment - and assessed by the individual too :rolleyes:

My late Father-ex-law was fine for both Driving and Golf after 3 days. His wife recovered from both of her ops even quicker!

Hope it goes well btw. Haven't heard any 'horror stories' but there's certain to be a small (hopefully miniscule) risk.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Mum-in-law had it done, albeit she didn't golf. I remember her saying she could see the trees at the bottom of the garden really clearly. At least you'll know which tree your ball landed near.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mum-in-law had it done, albeit she didn't golf. I remember her saying she could see the trees at the bottom of the garden really clearly. At least you'll know which tree your ball landed near.

My eyesight is pretty spot on at the moment, I've chosen to get it done while I still have private insurance so I get it done by the consultant as I do know of one or two that have been done poorly. Also, with Christmas I can take a break if necessary, but I'd be happy with the same outcome Foxholer mentions

D

Deleted member 21258

Wish you all the best.
Dad I think had both done(certainly one), and fairly sure it was quick and the difference was massive in what he could see as it was foggy iirc.

Best of luck

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Best of luck. My mum has had both eyes done with complete success.

She had to put drops in for about a month.

Best bet is to ask the surgeon and stick to their advice.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Best of luck. My mum has had both eyes done with complete success.

She had to put drops in for about a month.

Best bet is to ask the surgeon and stick to their advice.

I asked him and he said that golf isn't a great problem except the eye will be blurred for a while. I'm just trying to assess whether I'll be fit for next weekend and whether to enter the Xmas comp

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Go for it and get the others to spot for you.
Hope it goes alright Grandad👍😝

Thanks Ian. I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm legal for golf as, what hasn't been replaced, has been altered? Is there anything in the rules about keeping your clubs as manufactured but not your body?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good luck with it. No excuse when the white ball is in clear focus, the grass is that bit greener and the flag isn't a vague blob in the distance. Hope it goes well, listen to the medical advice and enjoy clearer golf

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Good luck with it. No excuse when the white ball is in clear focus, the grass is that bit greener and the flag isn't a vague blob in the distance. Hope it goes well, listen to the medical advice and enjoy clearer golf

Trouble is Homer, I don't have any of those symptoms. I had LASIK eye correction 10 years ago and my eyesight has been perfect. All I struggle with now, since the detached retina surgery is night driving, I get starbursts and some blurring which seems OK in day time

bnr1962

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi I've had both eyes done this year and would advise you give at least two weeks before playing in winter conditions and avoid windy days and sand in bunkers!
My optician suggested that I use UV protection post operation as the eye will me more at risk to damage in bright sun light,
Good luck its not as bad as you think!
Regards
Barry

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi I've had both eyes done this year and would advise you give at least two weeks before playing in winter conditions and avoid windy days and sand in bunkers!
My optician suggested that I use UV protection post operation as the eye will me more at risk to damage in bright sun light,
Good luck its not as bad as you think!
Regards
Barry

Thank very much for that sound advice Barry.

I'm playing on Sunday, so I guess that's when my Xmas break starts