Carrying, trolley or cart?

D

Deleted member 21258

Normally - push trolley
Hilly courses - carry
36 holes in a day - buggy

bradleywedge

Visit site
Throughout the winter I carried. Just easier than pushing your trolley wheels through the mad - and saves hassle of trolley bans at certain courses if you're already prepared to carry anyway.

In summer I use a push trolley. Carrying a lot more bottled water so a bit extra weight, and it's nice and easy in the heat and dry grass to push a trolley around.

I've never hired a buggy, bit of a waste of money and I feel that walking is part of the game (unless you're not able to of course). But for me the exercise is a factor as well anyway.

Electric trolleys are just way too expensive when I certainly don't need one.

Edit: When I play Rickmansworth I go back to the carry bag, because it's so hilly that pushing a trolley is actually harder work than just carrying.

I think I agree with all of that.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I carry during winter, use an electric trolley during the summer/spring months - It's mainly because of all the stuff I have in my bag;

12-18 Balls
Clubs
Gloves (waterproof/normal)
Tees
Divot tool/ball marker
one of those 3-in-1 club brush cleaner thingy
Umbrella
pencils/scorecard holder/sharpie
waterproofs
sunscreen
hand gel (new)
rangefinder
protein shaker
2 litre water bottle (gotta keep hydrated)
Towel
Lunch box with lunch in it.

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
I always found pushing a trolley is more effort that carrying. I play on a particularly hilly course so pushing up some of them hills would be a nightmare. I have an electric trolley, if I didn't I would be carrying.