Carrying, trolley or cart?

Hoganman1

Visit site
I was a confirmed walk and carry guy for decades. However, age and injury have taken their toll recently. Also, we've had several months of hot, humid days here in NC. I've been riding since early June. I hope to get back to walking in the Fall. However, I've found that I really play better when I ride so I may continue to do it even when it's cooler.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’d happily carry all year but being hot a sweaty in summer with a carry bag is no fun.
So I carry in winter, soon as the weather perks up I jump back to the electric trolley.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got an electric trolley for the first time this year and absolutely love it, but will generally carry in Winter as our routing means you have to walk miles to drop your trolley off in winter when areas are roped off so it's much quicker to carry.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Used to carry all the time. Then on one Algarve holiday many years ago the course threw in electric trolleys for us. Loved it. So came home, ordered a trolley and haven't carried since.

No particular intention to carry in winter either. If the course is that muddy then I don't really want to be there.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Used to carry quite a bit but these days the dodgy knee and ankle start complaining after a dozen or so holes so I only carry if I have to.
I've had push trolleys for several years as the courses I played were generally fairly flat.
Went "leccy" a couple of years ago and at the new club its almost essential as there are some hefty ups and downs.
These days I'll only carry of theres a trolley ban and we'd need another winter like the last one to get one of those.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love all three (except pull hire trolley, no one should like those square tube hire ones).

In the UK carry or Push is perfect, I do both. I usually carry max 10 clubs as I only have a pencil bag but a top quality double strap carry bag feels like nothing so happy to carry more if I owned one.

Golfing in Tenerife I don’t mind splurging for a cart if splitting the cost, often I have been paired with people happy to share for free!

Carrying on holiday is a last resort as I tried it once and only managed 15 holes as it was baking hot.

If I get a membership I will go back to an electric one before I change my irons!

MrC

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Carry for me. Had a push trolley but found it hard work especially as I am always in trees/rough. I have the callaway pencil bag with the little legs. Works perfectly for me. Plus ensures I only take what I need

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I love carrying, so much easier to get around the course without having to think about what route to take, where to leave it etc, plus a bit of warmth. But as soon as it starts getting warmer and the need for lots of water increases, I’m knackered after 14 holes. So like others, I carry in winter and electric trolly in the warmer months.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use a push trolley because of my dodgy knees. In winter, I have a lightweight bag and carry a half set to keep the weight down.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I carry, but then I am a lot younger and fitter than most on here. ?

I did use a trolley a few years when recovering from the flu.Big mistake as I could hardly walk next day with a bad back.

Mandofred

Visit site
I've been tempted to go back to carrying....haven't done it in years. My back has an issue, but I don't think carrying would bother it.....might just try a tiny bag and half set this next winter. My problem is I like to take extra stuff with me just in case. I hate being cold, so always extra clothes in the winter. I have no problem pushing a trolley 18 or 36 holes so I don't want to make it any easier when I want more exercise, not less. I played yesterday (love that heat) and then came home and did my usual half-hour uphill walking on the treadmill......although followed that with a few beers so......there's a reason why my gut is getting bigger.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Throughout the winter I carried. Just easier than pushing your trolley wheels through the mad - and saves hassle of trolley bans at certain courses if you're already prepared to carry anyway.

In summer I use a push trolley. Carrying a lot more bottled water so a bit extra weight, and it's nice and easy in the heat and dry grass to push a trolley around.

I've never hired a buggy, bit of a waste of money and I feel that walking is part of the game (unless you're not able to of course). But for me the exercise is a factor as well anyway.

Electric trolleys are just way too expensive when I certainly don't need one.

Edit: When I play Rickmansworth I go back to the carry bag, because it's so hilly that pushing a trolley is actually harder work than just carrying.
I'm the same - just cannot be bothered to clean & pack away a muddy trolley in the winter. I am much too lazy for that

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
In the UK it was trolley but for the last few years its been Buggy. I remember walking out here once when it rained a lot, I wouldn't recommend it but the newer courses are being built with cart path all the way round so even on heavy rain day you can still take a buggy and park on the path at right angles to your ball and zero damage to the course
If I'm not playing but using the range with the full bag then I still use a buggy to get from clubhouse to the practice area, but often its just a couple of clubs so i'll use pencil bag and walk round

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I couldn't believe how less tired I was after using an electric trolley for the first time. And, for me, a remote is a big bonus. I hate having to hold onto the handle all the time. It's like having a deaf & dumb caddy, ideal!

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always used to carry until father time caught up with me. About 3 years ago I found that playing in the club comp on a Saturday and a team comp the following day I was exhausted so made the decision to buy a trolley. Best golfing decision I have ever made and my back and shoulders are extremely grateful as well.