Carrying, trolley or cart?

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
What do you use?

I used to carry my clubs all the time but i've made use recently of a circa 30 year old trolley and dont know if i can go back to carrying - getting far to used to the ease on my shoulders and back.

Although i do look a bit strange on the course with such an old rusty trolley following me!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When I was young I always carried. Our layout means a big reduction in the amount of walking you have to do. When I went to trolley due to back issues I fairly quickly moved to an electric trolley. (now it's buggy)

Ps a bit of advice for the long term given to me by a physio - push a trolley, do not pull it.

shun_naka

Club Champion
Visit site
When I was young I always carried. Our layout means a big reduction in the amount of walking you have to do. When I went to trolley due to back issues I fairly quickly moved to an electric trolley. (now it's buggy)

Ps a bit of advice for the long term given to me by a physio - push a trolley, do not pull it.

Interesting - whats the benefit of pushing? I'm always dragging it behind me!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
You also have to consider the type of course that you are playing on. My course is hilly and I've seen enough people using push trolleys on it to convince me that my decision to go electric was a good one. If you are on a flat course, then a push trolley could also work for you. I would agree about not using a pull trolley due to the extra strain on your back.
For carrying, I tend to carry in the winter and modern double straps are so much better than they used to be. The one on my BagBoy carry bag, for example, is extremely comfortable.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Pencil Bag is the way forward! Until you try and carry a drink, a snack, waterproof jacket ......but it's nice walking across the green with the bag and putting it down at the nearest point

Albeit I'm 49 and fingers crossed my back is currently all okay.

GBC

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Throughout the winter I carried. Just easier than pushing your trolley wheels through the mad - and saves hassle of trolley bans at certain courses if you're already prepared to carry anyway.

In summer I use a push trolley. Carrying a lot more bottled water so a bit extra weight, and it's nice and easy in the heat and dry grass to push a trolley around.

I've never hired a buggy, bit of a waste of money and I feel that walking is part of the game (unless you're not able to of course). But for me the exercise is a factor as well anyway.

Electric trolleys are just way too expensive when I certainly don't need one.

Edit: When I play Rickmansworth I go back to the carry bag, because it's so hilly that pushing a trolley is actually harder work than just carrying.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I got an electric trolley about 15 years ago and never looked back. Much fresher, easier on an already dodgy back and although my course is relatively flat it's always in the car so whenever I play away at hillier courses not a problem, or having to fork out on a hire trolley.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I carry a half set in winter.
Electric trolley in summer.
If you weighed my bag I could not possibly carry it.
Might be a good thread .
WHAT DOES YOUR BAG WEIGH FULLY LOADED FOR GOLF COMP.
Might get my scales out later.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
I carry a half set in winter.
Electric trolley in summer.
If you weighed my bag I could not possibly carry it.
Might be a good thread .
WHAT DOES YOUR BAG WEIGH FULLY LOADED FOR GOLF COMP.
Might get my scales out later.

Be a good thread WHAT DO I CARRY IN MY BAG (JUST IN CASE) BUT NEVER USE

I always have a set weather glove, even when there's a heat wave going on ??? and more tee s than holes in the course

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I always have a set weather glove, even when there's a heat wave going on ??? and more tee s than holes in the course
Most of the weight in my bag is not the clubs.
Balls 12
Tees lost count
Pitch repairer 3
Pencils lost count.
Sunscreen
Waterproofs suit, hat ,gloves.
Gillett.
Line drawer.
Water lots today.
Caps 2
Rangefinder.
Brolley for the sun.
in winter when I carry I have 5 clubs And a few balls teesthat’s all.
I play in my waterproofs..

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

On Sunday I was waiting for the inlaws to arrive and so I decided to sharpen the pencils in my bag. I discovered 12 pencils :rolleyes:. What the heck?

D

Deleted member 23344

A full set with an electric trolley, but a half set in a carry bag when it’s muddy in the winter.

Fabia999

Visit site
I remember weighing my cart bag at about 28 lbs. I presume a carry bag would be lighter but I couldn't shift that for 4 hours at a time. Electric trolley for me, was one of my first buys when i started golf and it was probably my best choice. Id choose a buggy but its hard to get one at my club.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember weighing my cart bag at about 28 lbs. I presume a carry bag would be lighter but I couldn't shift that for 4 hours at a time. Electric trolley for me, was one of my first buys when i started golf and it was probably my best choice. Id choose a buggy but its hard to get one at my club.

Am not sure the Marines carry that, let alone for 4 hours .... I remember there used to be one golf club that you could adjust the head on to be every club in the bag, maybe time that made a come back ?