Carly Booth and Scottish golf in general

D

Deleted member 15344

I live just outside Greater London, and the cheapest annual club membership I know of round here is £1400 for 7 day membership plus a joining fee. And this a very expensive area to live in, so people tend not to have much in the way of disposable income. So unless you are a professional, golf is pretty much out of the question. In Scotland many clubs only charge a few hundred pounds per annum and the cost of living is much cheaper. Plus quite a number of municipal courses near the bigger towns and cities.

And that makes the courses "snootier" ?

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Proof, evidence. You would think this was Crown Court rather than a friendly golf forum sharing a few light-hearted opinions.

D

Deleted member 15344

Proof, evidence. You would think this was Crown Court rather than a friendly golf forum sharing a few light-hearted opinions.

The poster said he did the research to back up his claims - so just asked for the research cause i think its false

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
how so???

every thing apart from house prices are the same, i bet my weekly shop cost the same as yours, fuel, the same, in fact my council tax bill is way more expensive in Inverness than it was in a conservation area in St Albans in Hertforshire.

golf is cheaper, buy pay is much lower than in London, plus i don't know any clubs, 18 holes anyway that is £200.

Nairn is close to £800, Tain £400, Inverness £700

rash generalisations as usual
I didn't say £200! :rolleyes:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You talk some Gash!

Why. I live in Berkshire and all of the courses, excluding the likes of Berkshire, Wentworth etc are all £1600 upwards plus joining fee in some cases and certainly a bar levy at most on top. If they publish fees on their websites check out comparable places to Ascot like Sand Martins, Windlesham, Caversham Heath etc

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
I live just outside Greater London, and the cheapest annual club membership I know of round here is £1400 for 7 day membership plus a joining fee. And this a very expensive area to live in, so people tend not to have much in the way of disposable income. So unless you are a professional, golf is pretty much out of the question.

You've spouted some tosh in this thread, but this post takes the biscuit......there are hundreds of clubs down here with thousands of members, so how exactly is golf out of the question?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Likes bigger holes?
Chases tail in circular discussion?
Gnaws his point like a dog with a bone?

Good grief! I think I've cracked it!

enhanced-16282-1414320200-1.jpg

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why. I live in Berkshire and all of the courses, excluding the likes of Berkshire, Wentworth etc are all £1600 upwards plus joining fee in some cases and certainly a bar levy at most on top. If they publish fees on their websites check out comparable places to Ascot like Sand Martins, Windlesham, Caversham Heath etc

My heart bleeds.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Simple fact of life. It is what it is around here. If you can't afford it or don't want to pay it, plenty of muni's around too. Not sure what your point is

My point was stating to Del he talks gash then you piped up proclaiming some tosh about Berkshire that I couldn't give 2 hoots about.

What has my finances came into the equation? Are you above muni's?

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
My point was stating to Del he talks gash then you piped up proclaiming some tosh about Berkshire that I couldn't give 2 hoots about.

Most of the muni's down here are being closed down for redevelopment into housing estates!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

See my reply. If you don't want to pay the huge membership there are plenty of muni's around. I'm not above them and we have some particularly good ones in Downshire and Pine Ridge although the latter is a victim of its own success and so very, very slow at weekends

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Whoop whoop a Willie waving competition now.

I sell electricity back to the grid, does that count? Upgraded from my but and ben a few years back.

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Which munis are being closed down for housing? You said "most"
Blue Mountain in Bracknell has already gone I think, Beckenham, Ruislip and Harefield Place are under threat I understand, and there may be others. There is a lot of political pressure to build more housing in SE England.

D

Deleted member 15344

Blue Mountain in Bracknell has already gone I think, Beckenham, Ruislip and Harefield Place are under threat I understand, and there may be others. There is a lot of political pressure to build more housing in SE England.

So one then.