Carly Booth and Scottish golf in general

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ive read this all the way thru and never read so much rubbish on here its a new low. A big part of why the best kids up here and everywhere else is due to not having a good sponsor or sponsors it costs a fortune to play in the pro ranks, Carly Booth has good sponsors plus here family are well of enough to cover her.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Rules of forum say no racism, I assume casual racism is allowed going by the this? Sorry I should already know the answer to that!

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
"Now Scotland is supposed to be the home of golf and a National Sport up there,"

for the avoidance of doubt, Scotland and specifically St Andrews in the Kingdom of Fife is the home of golf,
and yes it is our national sport.

Purely in marketing and sentimental terms of course.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Rules of forum say no racism, I assume casual racism is allowed going by the this? Sorry I should already know the answer to that!

Where's the racism?

If you're going to make comments like that, back it up with very specific examples.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Big aspect that I don’t think has been mentioned is the weather.
You cannot play and practice all year round in Scotland.

Incorrect.
You certainly can if you want to.

Introducing : Paul Lawrie. Famous for practicing for hours on end in all weather, no surprise how he won his Major at Carnasty.

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
"other assorted orientals"?

Casual Racism at its best or just plain ignorance.

Please expand.

I interpret that as a state of fact. The Asians are mainly Koreans and Chinese, followed by an assortment of lesser numbers from several countries including Thailand, Taiwan, Japan and a few women of obvious Asian origin such as Lydia Ko and Minjee Lee.

I interpret your post as an idiotic, faux-offended bandwagon retort that has absolutely no substance whatsoever.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Please expand.

I interpret that as a state of fact. The Asians are mainly Koreans and Chinese, followed by an assortment of lesser numbers from several countries including Thailand, Taiwan, Japan and a few women of obvious Asian origin such as Lydia Ko and Minjee Lee.

I interpret your post as an idiotic, faux-offended bandwagon retort that has absolutely no substance whatsoever.

I think he/she is trying to say the world has moved on a bit from calling people from those cultures 'other orientals' and it's the context of how it was used. Yes it is not the most racist thing you can say, but that language is all a bit 'elderly uncle ranting away in the corner at Christmas after a few sherry's'

And yes yes, I know, political correctness gone mad etc etc.

Last edited:

delc

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I think he/she is trying to say the world has moved on a bit from calling people from those cultures 'other orientals' and it's the context of how it was used. Yes it is not the most racist thing you can say, but that language is all a bit 'elderly uncle ranting away in the corner at Christmas after a few sherry's'

And yes yes, I know, political correctness gone mad etc etc.
I could have gone through the list of Far Eastern countries who have golfers on the major pro tours, such as Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, Taipai, etc, but I was just trying to be concise. No offence or racism was intended! :rolleyes:

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I forgot Michelle Wie (Korean parents), she speaks fluent Korean to them, and the ex-Solheim Cup player Christina Kim.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Please expand.

You can interpret what ever you want, come and speak to me at the next forum meet happily explain it to you face to face.

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Carly has just announced on her Facebook page that she has taken up pole dancing! :mmm:

national-stalking-helpline-logo.gif

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
You can interpret what ever you want, come and speak to me at the next forum meet happily explain it to you face to face.

Lol no problem.

You posted this : "Casual Racism at its best or just plain ignorance."

If you are going to accuse someone of making racist statements, back it up with something that makes sense.