Car parks

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was told it was more the noise of the spikes years ago.
At my old club there was three tees adjacent to the car park.
I think most clubs just haven't got around to taking the sign down.
But if the rule is there it should be obeyed.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Whilst we are on car parks, what’s the consensus on separate Members and Visitors car parks?
I have to admit that I generally ignore these signs, especially if I’m playing in an Open competition.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst we are on car parks, what’s the consensus on separate Members and Visitors car parks?
I have to admit that I generally ignore these signs, especially if I’m playing in an Open competition.
I park in the first empty space I see.
Unless it’s the Captains or committees reserved space.

D

Deleted member 16999

I park in the first empty space I see.
Unless it’s the Captains or committees reserved space.
Surely if you’re a visitor you should obey the rules and only park in the Visitors car park?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely if you’re a visitor you should obey the rules and only park in the Visitors car park?
Most courses you are a member for a day .
So in my experience the visitors car park is a field or just a piece of land with limestone thrown on the ground.
But you are correct.
It’s rare to see this now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Most courses you are a member for a day .
So in my experience the visitors car park is a field or just a piece of land with limestone thrown on the ground.
But you are correct.
It’s rare to see this now.
I played at a club up here on Monday that has a separate visitors car park. I don't like the idea but I obey the rule. As you say, thankfully rare.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
So, would you use the member's clubhouse or visitor's clubhouse if playing the likes of Gullane?

sunshine

Visit site

I'm going to park in the most convenient car park, usually the members car park. No way I'm going to park down the road in some field.

sunshine

Visit site
Why do some golf clubs say no changing shoes in the car park? Seems a bit odd and impractical at times.

If you change your shoes in the car park, it's possible you might accidentally expose your ankle and outrage public decency.

You should know from the many sock debates, that exposing your ankle is highly offensive, and such a risky manoeuvre should only be attempted in the confines of the locker room.

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
If you change your shoes in the car park, it's possible you might accidentally expose your ankle and outrage public decency.

You should know from the many sock debates, that exposing your ankle is highly offensive, and such a risky manoeuvre should only be attempted in the confines of the locker room.
Dear god Sir!!! Showing ankle??? I shudder to think of such filth :D

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems that the more the prestigious the club, the more relaxed they are at allowing you to change your shoes in the car park. I'm thinking Gleneagles, Carnoustie, St Andrews etc.

D

Deleted member 23270

It seems that the more the prestigious the club, the more relaxed they are at allowing you to change your shoes in the car park. I'm thinking Gleneagles, Carnoustie, St Andrews etc.
None of those are true members clubs so that might explain a lot.

D

Deleted member 23270

I'm going to park in the most convenient car park, usually the members car park. No way I'm going to park down the road in some field.
Excellent attitude, what other rules do you break?