Car parks

D

Deleted member 16999

Only in a sport like golf can people be so offended by someone having the audacity to park their car in a members car park, change there shoes in a car park or make the leap that anyone who has the audacity to do any of these things then be the type that would break the rules of the game. Before someone moans its the Principal of it and means everything they do is questionable that's twaddle. End of the day its a car park thats it, someone parking in a concrete area so they can come and spend their hard earned cash in your club in greenfees, in shop sales and in the bar that's far more important to the clubs revenue and standing, alos helping keep subs down, than in what car park they leave their car or where they change their shoes. It also doesn't mean they're going to cheat the entire field or playing partners. Attitudes like that are a symbol of everything that to some outsiders thst show golf in some cases still has its head up its own arse
Some of these people saying ignore the car park signs are the same ones who say we should respect dress codes, members lounges, were you change your shoes etc, sometimes it’s simply pointing out the double standards, not everyone is making a leap to behaviour on course.

If you are a visitor to any course then respect their rules, regardless of the subject, what is so difficult in that, if you don’t wish to respect them then take your money elsewhere.

Wolf

Visit site
Some of these people saying ignore the car park signs are the same ones who say we should respect dress codes, members lounges, were you change your shoes etc, sometimes it’s simply pointing out the double standards, not everyone is making a leap to behaviour on course.

If you are a visitor to any course then respect their rules, regardless of the subject, what is so difficult in that, if you don’t wish to respect them then take your money elsewhere.
People on this thread have questioned someone breaking other rules that is a leap and is pathetic.

As for where I take my money i would never take it to any establishment golfing or otherwise where I'd be no better than a 2nd class citizen. Not regardless of the subject at all.

Wolf

Visit site
Like a lot of things in golf, it has it's roots in class segregation from decades in the past and it needs to go.
100% agreed segregation of class whether by race, social standing or membership / visitors all need to go in every walk of life. Sometimes golf needs to learn to get over itself but if you question the status quo out come the whingers stating don't like it go somewhere else...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If a Club wants separate car parks then that’s their choice and should be respected.
It’s not for visitors to decide how they run their club, your choice should only be whether you decide to play there or not.
So when certain clubs are told you can’t have the Open Championship here because you don’t have any lady members why didn’t they stick to their rules if it’s that important to them?
It’s something from the dark ages when the rich didn’t want to mix with the great unwashed.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Who cares?

Just live and let live if people want to flaunt car parking rules and regulations let them. It doesn't effect you.

D

Deleted member 16999

Who cares?

Just live and let live if people want to flaunt car parking rules and regulations let them. It doesn't effect you.
Obviously you do, it’s a forum were were having a chat/debate, nobody has said it’s life and death, you always have the option not to post.

So when certain clubs are told you can’t have the Open Championship here because you don’t have any lady members why didn’t they stick to their rules if it’s that important to them?
It’s something from the dark ages when the rich didn’t want to mix with the great unwashed.
That’s irrelevant, like I said, I don’t agree with separate car parks, but, if I visit such an establishment I would out of courtesy respect their rules or I can choose to leave.

There are a lot of situations in life we accept even when we don’t agree, why when it comes to Golf do some believe it is their right to behave how they wish and that these clubs should just accept it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Meanwhile in the real world...…………………...

Actually what happens if your vehicle isn't properly between the white lines in the space - or worse straddling the white lines!!

Offfft the uproar.

D

Deleted member 23270

A visitor might pay £50 to use the car park whereas a member might pay £1500 so I don't have any issues parking a bit further away if I have to when playing somewhere else.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
People on this thread have questioned someone breaking other rules that is a leap and is pathetic.

As for where I take my money i would never take it to any establishment golfing or otherwise where I'd be no better than a 2nd class citizen. Not regardless of the subject at all.

Did you play any of the forum meets at Sunningdale?

They still have clear segregation between members areas and visitors areas in terms of changing rooms, bars etc

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Obviously you do, it’s a forum were were having a chat/debate, nobody has said it’s life and death, you always have the option not to post.

That’s irrelevant, like I said, I don’t agree with separate car parks, but, if I visit such an establishment I would out of courtesy respect their rules or I can choose to leave.

There are a lot of situations in life we accept even when we don’t agree, why when it comes to Golf do some believe it is their right to behave how they wish and that these clubs should just accept it.
Not just golf clubs anywhere where my car is treated differently to someone else’s .
My car has been broken into in car parks that are miles away from the clubhouse.
This clouds my opinion I am afraid.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nope not me never been there and nor will I knowing they believe in segregation of any form...
And I respect that but I think you ask the large numbers on here that played both times, they'd say it probably didn't make a single jot of difference to their experience. I simply don't have the same view as you and sometimes in my opinion, you can choose to ignore these antiquated rules and still enjoy playing the course. It is the clubs that are at fault maintaining these restrictions

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A visitor might pay £50 to use the car park whereas a member might pay £1500 so I don't have any issues parking a bit further away if I have to when playing somewhere else.
What if your car is broken into and no cctv because it’s just in a field.( Visitors car park)?
But the proper car park has cctv to protect the members cars?
I just find that wrong.

Wolf

Visit site
If only life was that easy.
It is. I will not frequent a club that chooses segregation as an option. Very easy to do in fact.. As for other walks of life where segregation is apparent I'll speak out against that to and fight for what i believe in. I don't just accept something because that's how its always been, if everyone did that we'd still be living in a very backwards non diverse society.

D

Deleted member 16999

What if your car is broken into and no cctv because it’s just in a field.( Visitors car park)?
I just find that wrong.
Go play somewhere else.

D

Deleted member 23270

I just find that wrong.
You will probably find that most car parks have signs telling you that you park at your own risk so what's your point?

D

Deleted member 16999

It is. I will not frequent a club that chooses segregation as an option. Very easy to do in fact.. As for other walks of life where segregation is apparent I'll speak out against that to and fight for what i believe in. I don't just accept something because that's how its always been, if everyone did that we'd still be living in a very backwards non diverse society.
Your ex-military, hopefully your Mrs is about embark on a very successful career, you know full well the Military is full of antiquated rules and segregation, I’d suggest there’ll be times you may have to accept some of it or miss out on some great experiences.