Car parks

Swango1980

Visit site
We have a no changing shoes in the car park rule and I just noticed the other day that we also have a no arriving in your golf shoes rule in the club rules!
What would happen if you did arrive wearing golf shoes, and then explained to the person telling you off that you also wore your golf shoes as normal casual wear, and so you actually didn't need to change shoes at any point through the day?

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
What would happen if you did arrive wearing golf shoes, and then explained to the person telling you off that you also wore your golf shoes as normal casual wear, and so you actually didn't need to change shoes at any point through the day?
Brave man to tell Jacko_G off at his own club.:eek::)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

I have no idea.

I may/may not have been pulled up for changing my shoes in the car park previously.

?

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Allow changing of shoes in the car park and before long you'll have folks stripping off to the waist after their round...;)

Maybe simply just a way of getting players into the clubhouse rather than playing and driving off - and I guess maybe H&S with risk of slipping on paving slabs the car park side of the clubhouse when wearing spiked shoes - and damaging tarmac.

I once saw someone changing his trousers in our car park. Nothing to say you can't.

Wolf

Visit site
Its a pointless old rule that only made sense when metal spikes were the norm. My club the car park is situated next to the 1st tee and behind the 18th green, which means in order to change id have to walk away from the tee to clubhouse then back across the entrance path, and through the car park past my car to tee off. Then post round past my car to change in clubhouse to walk back and put my shoes away. Absolutely pointless hence why literally everyone changes at the car.

Same wherever I've been unless your wearing metal spikes your doing no harm.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Rather than sit in the car changing shoes I prefer to use a comfy seat in the locker room. I too fail to understand why people smack their shoes and spread mud in the car park.

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
I used to play with a lad who never cleaned his shoes after a round. Regardless of how muddy it was they'd go into a carrier bag till the mud dried and he could pick it off with a screwdriver.

D

Deleted member 23270

Rather than sit in the car changing shoes I prefer to use a comfy seat in the locker room. I too fail to understand why people smack their shoes and spread mud in the car park.
1. Because they can
2. Because they are lazy
3. Because they don't care about their surroundings

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
shoes is bad enough, but i saw some vistor not only changing his shoes in the car par at Nairn but also strip down to his pants and go for a swim.... drew quite a big crowd... mind you it was Huge Grant, but even so:(

Wolf

Visit site
Simple clean then using the air jet by the 18th, clean shoes and saves a pointless walk past the car... Plus who wants a muddy boot.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
shoes is bad enough, but i saw some vistor not only changing his shoes in the car par at Nairn but also strip down to his pants and go for a swim.... drew quite a big crowd... mind you it was Huge Grant, but even so:(

We're you checking out his package??

Bet it wasn't "huge" when he cam back out the North Sea!!!

?

D

Deleted member 15344

Ah it must be a slow day if it’s back to the old changing shoes in the car park

It’s almost like bingo

What next - shirts tucked in

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Its a throwback to the days where people would arrive at the Club, change clothes to play and shower and change afterwards. Actually, that's what happens when I play after work!!

On a Saturday morning, I arrive at the course in my golf clothes, minus golf shoes... and they get put on in the car park.... and no one cares!! When i started playing in the 90s, virtually everyone used to shower and change after before going in the bar. Now, unless it's very hot or very rainy, most don't bother...

I've never seen anyone change for cricket or football in a car park - except one place where there were no changing rooms! :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We're you checking out his package??

Bet it wasn't "huge" when he cam back out the North Sea!!!

?
lihe a cocktail fork:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: mind you as soon as he was out the water the dirty bugger wanted to know the best place in sneck to go on the pull, i suggested the Tarry Isl, love to know how he got on:LOL::LOL: