Car parks

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't know if we have the rule or not. But no-one does change shoes in the car park (or not that I've ever noticed).

I'm neither for nor against the rule - but never really understood why you wouldn't go into the changing rooms. More more convenient & comfortable surely?
How could it possibly be more convenient to walk all the way into a locker room carrying one pair of shoes, then change them and walk back carrying the other pair, rather than just changing them where you stand??

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Bearwood Lakes has a strict no changing in the car park. :eek:

Perhaps they don't like having their car park full of mud like ours. If you go into our changing rooms the shoe cleaning machine is right next to the door, and can be used to clean trolley's as well. It would mean walking an extra twenty yards for those who want to change in their car. Much too far for most that have already walked about five miles. We also get rubbish dumped in the car park as players can't be bothered to take home with them. Nice big bin in the changing rooms.:whistle: Use the facilities you have paid for them.(y)

Visit site
It's a rule at my club;

3. Dress Code
A good standard of dress is required at all times by Members and visitors. In particular:
Players must not use the car park for changing their clothes or their shoes;

Russ_D

Club Champion
Visit site
Bearwood Lakes has a strict no changing in the car park. :eek:

Perhaps they don't like having their car park full of mud like ours. If you go into our changing rooms the shoe cleaning machine is right next to the door, and can be used to clean trolley's as well. It would mean walking an extra twenty yards for those who want to change in their car. Much too far for most that have already walked about five miles. We also get rubbish dumped in the car park as players can't be bothered to take home with them. Nice big bin in the changing rooms.:whistle: Use the facilities you have paid for them.(y)
Fortunately for me I live in Huddersfield so the copius amounts of rain normally washes the mud away :D. They often send one of the young assistant pro's out to sweep it as well on the odd occasion its hot and sunny.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We don't have a rule but simply by convention no one changes shoes in the car park. I reckon one problem is that the debris just looks very untidy as if no one cares about the club. In addition, if people in street shoes walk across a car park littered with mud, they are likely to get on their shoes and transfer it to the carpeted clubhouse.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
We don't have a rule but simply by convention no one changes shoes in the car park. I reckon one problem is that the debris just looks very untidy as if no one cares about the club. In addition, if people in street shoes walk across a car park littered with mud, they are likely to get on their shoes and transfer it to the carpeted clubhouse.
This and trying to entice people into the bar are the most common reasons i hear, but neither really cuts it. You still walk to your car with a muddy trolley and shoes, and then are expected to walk back again?

Swango1980

Visit site
We could change our underpants in the car park if we so wished. Although, I guess these "no changing shoes in car parks" clubs might allow that as well, if all they are worried about is getting the car park muddy.

D

Deleted member 23270

Seems a real hardship for people to walk an extra 50 yards when they have just walked 6 miles ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
This and trying to entice people into the bar are the most common reasons i hear, but neither really cuts it. You still walk to your car with a muddy trolley and shoes, and then are expected to walk back again?
On the way to the car park there is an air-jet shoe/trolley cleaner adjacent to the locker room entrance.