Car parks

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How could it possibly be more convenient to walk all the way into a locker room carrying one pair of shoes, then change them and walk back carrying the other pair, rather than just changing them where you stand??

Our locker room is closer to the first tee and point where you walk off from the 18th green than a large number of the car parking spaces

So it is walk to the locker room change your shoes, walk to the locker room change your shoes.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played at a course on Monday where the car park was 100m from the clubhouse but 20m from the 1st tee. I would have to have walked past the tee, kept on going and then do the reverse. Makes no sense. In most cases it is much less convenient, adds time and distance, none of which is logical.

For clubs where there is no rule I doubt if more than 10% of people change shoes in the changing rooms and I suspect that is overly optimistic still.

Point taken.

But, on the other hand, in 25 years or so of playing golf, I can't recall more than a handful of times where I've wanted to walk straight from the car directly on to the tee. Theres usually something to do, someone to see, or something to be eaten before going out .

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What would happen if you did arrive wearing golf shoes, and then explained to the person telling you off that you also wore your golf shoes as normal casual wear, and so you actually didn't need to change shoes at any point through the day?

Clearly someone with no intention of going in to the bar then.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And there's nothing wrong with that...
Its not mandatory.

A large part of the joy of golf for me is the banter with the lads in the bar after the game, luckily I am no longer a family man so have the time but I fully understand those that having other pressing issues to attend to.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
What would happen if you did arrive wearing golf shoes, and then explained to the person telling you off that you also wore your golf shoes as normal casual wear, and so you actually didn't need to change shoes at any point through the day?

I wear a pair of ecco golf shoes to work every day. They are tan leather, and look like normal shoes. I often wear them to the club. As long as they have never been on the golf course they are fine. Once I have worn them on course, I will no longer be able to wear them in the club house. Obviously I have never worn them on the course. Yeah. For sure. Never. Hmm. Really?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
lihe a cocktail fork:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: mind you as soon as he was out the water the dirty bugger wanted to know the best place in sneck to go on the pull, i suggested the Tarry Isl, love to know how he got on:LOL::LOL:
I'd be willing to bet at least 50p that he did very well indeed. A friend of mine lived in Notting hill for a while and would see him every so often in fashionable local bars, no I am not mixing the film up with real life. He never left on his own, was never short of an offer, didn't have to do much at all. Just be himself. My mate never spoke to him but liked him. Always a smile and a glint in his eye. Bugger can play golf well as well ?

D

Deleted member 23344

I did once hear of a guy at the West Sussex who actually lost his membership because he changed his shoes in the car park. Not sure if he was a repeat offender ... can’t help thinking that there must have been other issues and this was an easy way to give him his marching orders.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I did once hear of a guy at the West Sussex who actually lost his membership because he changed his shoes in the car park. Not sure if he was a repeat offender ... can’t help thinking that there must have been other issues and this was an easy way to give him his marching orders.

A flogging would of sufficed for such a heinous crime.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I find it interesting that the general view seems to be to ignore this club rule but adhere to, arguably, equally ridiculous dress code club rules...
Seems we pick and choose which rules to follow and which to ignore...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'd be willing to bet at least 50p that he did very well indeed. A friend of mine lived in Notting hill for a while and would see him every so often in fashionable local bars, no I am not mixing the film up with real life. He never left on his own, was never short of an offer, didn't have to do much at all. Just be himself. My mate never spoke to him but liked him. Always a smile and a glint in his eye. Bugger can play golf well as well ?
not in the Tarry he didn't :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
I find it interesting that the general view seems to be to ignore this club rule but adhere to, arguably, equally ridiculous dress code club rules...
Seems we pick and choose which rules to follow and which to ignore...
Not really, it's a bit of a daft rule thats
Just particularly easy to flaunt.