Car insurance

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I changed my insurance for the 1st time in 16 years.
Somewhere here someone recommended going via gocompare as they cover the excess, from the options offered I went down until I recognised the insurance provider by name and the ratings were good on that as well.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I changed my insurance for the 1st time in 16 years.
Somewhere here someone recommended going via gocompare as they cover the excess, from the options offered I went down until I recognised the insurance provider by name and the ratings were good on that as well.
if you look at those insurers you don't recognise they are backed or owned by the big insurers

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Did a search on the usual comparison sites, not that much better than my renewal quote. 😬
Yep so them lies are not really lies. All the squealers complaining about better rates for new business screwed themselves when it was stopped. Now there is no reason to offer intro rates everyone gets the higher rate. Bravo. Rates in the standard market are still shocking both in motor and home but High Networth is dropping somewhat if you call 15% increases low :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So it's that time

£899 renewal on the wife's (up from £716)

Standard nothings changed. Etc

Managed to get both for a combined £1700 by doing multi car with Hastings

Averages out £850 a car which will just have to stomach

I do like Hastings option to add a temp car for 28 days so when I do get a new car next December I can add that rather than mucking about insuring it for a year then cancelling it just to tied over until the lease company takes away the Corsa

Expensive morning

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Looks like my present car insurers LV renewal quote is the cheapest I can find, despite an expired SP30 endorsement, I still had an increase of £108 making it £379.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
My turn for the insurance merry-go-around. Last two years with Saga it was around £450. Considering the car, very happy. Now its £1,015 from the same people. :(

Looking at the comparison sites, the best I can get is £850ish, with increased excesses. I also notice that the questions being asked are more forensic on comparison sites.

I have a quote direct from Audi that is £650ish, and that quote expires on the 22nd Dec. Handily, not, their website is currently down 😬

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a 2.1d Mazda 6. To add my son, 24 in a month, 5yrs, no claims, would be an extra £300 a year. He lives away now so we don't bother. He is back for Christmas, going away on a couple of decent journeys, so thought I'd ask what the cost would be to add him for 2 weeks. I'm with churchill, you can check this online really easily. £10.77 😳. Crazy cheap, no admin fee either.

Insurance is weird 🤷‍♂️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have a 2.1d Mazda 6. To add my son, 24 in a month, 5yrs, no claims, would be an extra £300 a year. He lives away now so we don't bother. He is back for Christmas, going away on a couple of decent journeys, so thought I'd ask what the cost would be to add him for 2 weeks. I'm with churchill, you can check this online really easily. £10.77 😳. Crazy cheap, no admin fee either.

Insurance is weird 🤷‍♂️

Guy I work with they have 1 car now. Him and his wife take out their own policy on it. Just for the ability to be insured to drive other cars.. because they borrow his sister's / dad's cars often when they need to . I think he tech owns his dad's or something it's weird

Insurance needs reforming , for the price I paid for my car I should be insured to drive every car lol 😆

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site

Insurance is weird 🤷‍♂️
Its not really all that much cheaper than the £300 per year, relatively.
If you day rate that £300 and then take that at 14 days is only about £11.50ish.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Its not really all that much cheaper than the £300 per year, relatively.
If you day rate that £300 and then take that at 14 days is only about £11.50ish.
I didn't expect them to pro rata down though, and no admin charge either. I expected them to quote £50 or so, to make it worth their while. Happy to add him as and when if that's all it's going to cost.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
My missus just had her insurance come up. Fully comp on a 2019 Kia Sportage GT-Line was quoted up from £400 to £800. With full NCB. I managed to get a price of about £500 but all the prices had shot up dramatically. And she only does about 3000 miles a year.

Mandofred

Visit site
Something on the news yesterday saying for a 24 year old.....they may be paying in the £3k range. No idea if it was true or not.....