Multiple Car Insurance Renewal- What a bind

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We have a 2 car Insurance with Admiral plus Home and Contents Insurance with them all expiring on the same date which is good.
However I find this Annual quote a real pain. Do I just accept what is offered or spend 40 minutes per quote and generally feel more frustrated.

Took me 10 minutes to even find the phone number today and done most of the things MSE has suggested although some do not offer all I want.

How do you find the annual search to save £20 and any suggestions other than take the existing quote?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a 2 car Insurance with Admiral plus Home and Contents Insurance with them all expiring on the same date which is good.
However I find this Annual quote a real pain. Do I just accept what is offered or spend 40 minutes per quote and generally feel more frustrated.

Took me 10 minutes to even find the phone number today and done most of the things MSE has suggested although some do not offer all I want.

How do you find the annual search to save £20 and any suggestions other than take the existing quote?

Search around

Direct line do muilti cover as do aviva

Once it saved me £100 and admiral just matched it

Never just accept for 20 mins effort

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
See my other thread. I spent ten minutes, all on-line and saved nearly £500. The insurance companies seem to price for "customer inertia" and renewing customers get clobbered! (generally)

Legally they can't do that anymore, renewing customers have to be given same deals as new customers

Shopping around is still key

Then again this year My renewal blew the shopping around out the water

RichA

Visit site
I always use Compare the Market. All my details are saved from previous years so it takes minutes to get a new quote.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always use Compare the Market. All my details are saved from previous years so it takes minutes to get a new quote.

Always worth go compare, and confused as they have different discounts with other providers

But yes get yourself set up once on each and then crack on

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Legally they can't do that anymore, renewing customers have to be given same deals as new customers

I don’t even bother getting other quotes. I just call up and say I’ve got a better price. If they ask what it is I say I’m not telling them and to give me their best price

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site

I’m not sure if this new law has caused it, but my renewal quote from Admiral has just come in at 50% of last year!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Ian. phoned LV and it is only £18 more than the existing company from from last year. That is a great starting point. Really appreciated. Also £140 cheaper than The Aviva quote(y)
I switched to LV= (two cars) a couple of years ago via a comparison site and their first renewal was the same and best on 3 comparison sites.
Now waiting to see what they come up with next December.

Previously Saga had consistently been the best bust just went through the roof.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From direct line ( our renewal is due) prices up a few quid from last year .?

From January 2022, new insurance regulations mean that the price an existing customer is offered at renewal must be no higher than the price they'd be offered if they were buying a new policy, provided the information and cover is the same.
This means that if we offer you a renewal price, it will be no higher than if you'd come to us to get a new quote.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If my renewal is within a reasonable % of my previous then I don't bother hunting around. Instead I phone my existing insurer and can usually get the renewal quote reduced to an amount pretty much the same as previous year. It will almost never be less - but my time is worth more to me than any small increased - and a simple renewal helps maintain my peace-of-mind by my rarely becoming frustrated or irritated as I hunt around trying to compare like-for-like.