Captain's Drive In (with a difference)

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah. Those girls look totally oppressed....

I’m sick and tired of groups of people dictating on behalf of how they think others should act.

If women want to parade around then let them crack on. If men want to get there tops off and wow the ladies then let them.

I understand why its not a great PR move in this day and age as it ads fuel to the fire of oppressive pressure groups, however if we take our collecting post millennial blinkers off then it is is just harmless fun.

The hypocrisy in this day and age from all parties is sickening.

Robin Hood

Visit site
Great idea. Already attracted one new member in the form of HRH Prince Andrew. He’s suggested also putting in a Pizza Express behind the Green Keepers shed. What a top bloke...
He also suggested a Pimms bar in place of the showers (He doesn't sweat !)

What's the Captains charity ?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I understand why its not a great PR move in this day and age as it ads fuel to the fire of oppressive pressure groups, however if we take our collecting post millennial blinkers off then it is is just harmless fun.

Staggering lack of -awareness. It is not harmless fun. It normalises the fact that woman should dress in skimpy costumes and dance for people's entertainment.

Yes - I agree that the people in the video are almost certainly there of their own free will and there will be nothing illegal taking place but this is not something a sports club should be showing or normalising.

If people want to perform in, or watch, a show of this nature, then they should be free to do so of course, but completely inappropriate for a setting like this.

D

Deleted member 23270

The politically correct fun sponges must be loving this thread. A bit of harmless fun, I'm pretty sure the women wouldn't have done it if they didn't want to. Nothing different to what you see in a west end show every night of the week.

Some of you lot need to get a life.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Staggering lack of -awareness. It is not harmless fun. It normalises the fact that woman should dress in skimpy costumes and dance for people's entertainment.

Yes - I agree that the people in the video are almost certainly there of their own free will and there will be nothing illegal taking place but this is not something a sports club should be showing or normalising.

If people want to perform in, or watch, a show of this nature, then they should be free to do so of course, but completely inappropriate for a setting like this.

Many Men also dress in skimpy costumes and dance for women’s entertainment

Is that also wrong and inappropriate?

Why should we as men get to dictate what a free and individual woman wants to do with her body? Controlling what a woman chooses to do is oppressive, puritanical and plain wrong.

Why is this any worse that a street carnival such as Rio, Pride or the Notting hill one?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The politically correct fun sponges must be loving this thread. A bit of harmless fun, I'm pretty sure the women wouldn't have done it if they didn't want to. Nothing different to what you see in a west end show every night of the week.

Some of you lot need to get a life.

Missing the point methinks.

The problem with this is not what the members thought of it, or indeed even what other golfers think of it - it's the impression that this gives the non-golfing general public out there of golf and golf club members - and what it might do to the thinking of some out there thinking of starting the game or getting their children into the game.

D

Deleted member 25172

Missing the point methinks.

The problem with this is not what the members thought of it, or indeed even what other golfers think of it - it's the impression that this gives the non-golfing general public out there of golf and golf club members - and what it might do to the thinking of some out there thinking of starting the game or getting their children into the game.

Imagine to constantly walking around and worrying about what others think.

People are actively twisting and turning themselves inside out today in order to be offended on a daily basis. You don't even have to be personally offended, you can be offended on behalf of others.

Unbelievable.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Imagine being so incredibly insecure in yourself to constantly walking around and worrying about what others think.

Pepole are actively twisting and turning themselves inside out today in order to be offended on a daily basis. You don't even have to be personally offended, you can be offended on behalf of others.

Unbelievable.

So if the members of your golf club decided to have a karaoke evening and one of the members decided that he'd do a Stevie Wonder song and turned up blacked-up. What do you think...all OK? Knowing that other members are videoing the evening and sharing vids on Social Media - still OK?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So if the members of your golf club decided to have a karaoke evening and one of the members decided that he'd do a Stevie Wonder song and turned up blacked-up. What do you think...all OK? Knowing that other members are videoing the evening and sharing vids on Social Media - still OK?

How is that even remotely linked?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are you comparing a woman's body to an act of racism?

D

Deleted member 25172

I'd think he's an idiot, but I don't see how the situations are anything alike to be honest.

D

Deleted member 1147

Depends if he can sing, and of course, he hadn't better sing My Cherie Amore - awful song(y)