Captain's Drive In (with a difference)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the strokey beard meeting that thought this would be a good idea.
I know it's a bit of fun but this is going to get the club so much bad publicity
Captain scores an own goal on his first day....

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Wow - what a nob.

I had my drive-in last Saturday. 72 players in a shotgun start. Guest speaker from the reporting corps of the European Tour. And I nailed my tee-shot on our 180-yard par-3 over water for my ceremonial first shot. Nothing sexist - in fact, I even let the seniors play off the yellow tees in the team event.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
In todays day and age that is absolutely abhorrent.

Can't see him lasting the season once that video gathers pace on social media.

RangeMonkey

Visit site
Tacky, ostentatious and sexist. (that's being kind)

Mind you, if a Lady Capt had a bunch of Chippendales dancing round, what would be the reaction?

It probably wouldn’t be as bad.

But then, men haven’t spent hundreds of years being abused and discriminated against.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Staggeringly bad taste....... could easily imagine it happening in some parts of England but would not have put Romford down as one of them.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Staggeringly bad taste....... could easily imagine it happening in some parts of England but would not have put Romford down as one of them.
Haven't been there since spending some Summers with my cousins in the 50's but thought it'd be a multicultural area these days....... though must say there wern't many ethnics to spot in the crowd....... abought as many as you'd see in 'Pool.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Things can seem wrong without context. Maybe this is the case here.

If this makes the news at 10s "and finally" it could set golf back 50years.

Wtf

D

Deleted member 15344

Doesn’t look good at all but what’s the context behind it ? Guess it’s something to do with Gatsby

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I think the context is largely irrelevant
This clip is what's going to be seen on Social media and I think the majority are going to go for an instant double face palm regardless of the context.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wow - what a nob.

I had my drive-in last Saturday. 72 players in a shotgun start. Guest speaker from the reporting corps of the European Tour. And I nailed my tee-shot on our 180-yard par-3 over water for my ceremonial first shot. Nothing sexist - in fact, I even let the seniors play off the yellow tees in the team event.
Good man. Did your driver actually reach!!