Can’t get closer than this

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
How do you get the ball out of the hole in a COVID compliant manner...or is that a sponge ‘filler’ that stops the ball fully dropping?

D

Deleted member 18588

Don't want to sound like Topper but several years ago I honestly did the same thing.

The problem was that after marking my ball and repairing the pitch mark I found it impossible to replace the ball without it toppling into the hole.

I was assured that it didn't count as holed and had to place it a little further from the hole before tapping in for a 2.

Still not had a hole in one.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Don't want to sound like Topper but several years ago I honestly did the same thing.

The problem was that after marking my ball and repairing the pitch mark I found it impossible to replace the ball without it toppling into the hole.

I was assured that it didn't count as holed and had to place it a little further from the hole before tapping in for a 2.

Still not had a hole in one.
My mate did the same, ball pitched in the side of the hole but didn't stick. Quite a bit would have been in the hole. He did go on to make an ace eventually.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I would agree with this..strangley;)
You'll be pleased to know then that you would both be wrong. For a ball to be holed, the whole of it must be below the surface of the putting green unless it is resting against the flag, in which case only part of it needs to be below the surface, see Definition of Holed.

D

Deleted member 25172

What’s wrong with the golf ball?

Nothing I believe, but it does look a bit weird when you zoom in on it. I’ve no reason to believe that it didn’t happen though.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What’s wrong with the golf ball?
Looks a bit weird to me as well. The mound of turf pushed up by the ball is on the right of the ball, making it look as though the ball must have passed through the flagstick. Also, the writing on the ball doesn’t look right and the dimples are a lot less clear than the blades of grass.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Looks a bit weird to me as well. The mound of turf pushed up by the ball is on the right of the ball, making it look as though the ball must have passed through the flagstick. Also, the writing on the ball doesn’t look right and the dimples are a lot less clear than the blades of grass.

Was just going to say about the ridge of the pitch mark being on the wrong side.
The ball looks metallic

D

Deleted member 25172

Ok. Just to set things straight. It’s one of my mates at the club, not one of those about a friends friends cousin who sent on a picture. The only thing weird about him is that he plays cack-handed. He was happy to save a few quid in the bar afterwards and that he won the hole with a birdie. :)