Bryson Dechambeau...

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I quite enjoy a different approach to the game. Lets be honest, he's not the only slow player and until they start penalising players strictly, then professionals playing for millions will continue to operate in this way.

Also think it is hilarious to hear dreadful commentators like Mark Roe be hyper critical of him, simply because he does things a bit differently. The guy is on course to be world no. 1 by some point in August or September - clearly you have to simply say 'what he's doing is one of the correct ways'.

Imagine how dominant he would be if he tightens up his short pitches and chips.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really like him, and his original approach to golf. I don't really watch him play though so I don't have that experience. I really like the idea of simplifying the swing and the game itself, and taking out as many variables as you can.

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Fleetwood really has drawn the short straw. Watching Garcia address the ball is painful too 💤

Wolf

Visit site
I'm a big DeChambeau fan, love his approach to the game it shows that it can be played in different ways not just purely naturally. I really like his swing to everything is done for a reason and it's so consistent.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I like him. He is captain of my fantasy team this week and so far he is doing quite well. Also, I am more of an analytical science person myself and the fact that someone is approaching golf from a more analytical side and succeeding with it, is giving me hope. Don't get me wrong, I admire all those born-to-be-athletes who pick up a unicycle for the first time and happily ride it in circles, stating it is easy if you trust your intuition ... it is just so not me.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I can’t do with the commentators regurgitating the same stuff about him.
Bit like how they constantly tell us that Bubba shapes the ball.
💤

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can’t do with the commentators regurgitating the same stuff about him.
Bit like how they constantly tell us that Bubba shapes the ball.
💤
Get used to it, they'll be having a field day this year marveling at the flags being in every time he putts.

D

Deleted member 25172

Bryson's swing looks absolutely horrendous. With that said, the more players at the top with quirky swings, the more hackers like us out there would focus on what feels good and works for us, rather than aiming for the best looking swing. So all in all, he gets the thumbs up from me.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
What is that people don't like about his swing? I can see it looks odd but can't really put my finger on why. Is it that his hands are higher than others? Or something to do with his left arm?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I like him. Seems a real nice guy too. He struggles when things don’t go his way, but I think that’s more his brain not computing as such. Having seen him win Jacks comp last year and the way he was more excited to talk to him than get the trophy tells me his a nice guy deep down.

D

Deleted member 25172

What is that people don't like about his swing? I can see it looks odd but can't really put my finger on why. Is it that his hands are higher than others? Or something to do with his left arm?

It looks like he's about as flexible as a Lego man, which is obviously not the case, but it just looks odd and/or "wrong". It works for him though which is all that matters, but it's not a beautiful swing.