Bryson Dechambeau...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
For me golf is as much a game of touch and feel as it is of the mechanics of the swing - Dechambeau's game is in my eyes the antithesis of touch and feel - it is all about the latter. Yeugh...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What is that people don't like about his swing? I can see it looks odd but can't really put my finger on why. Is it that his hands are higher than others? Or something to do with his left arm?

He is trying to replicate the mechanics of 'iron Byron' the machine they use to test equipment.

D

Deleted member 18121

I dont mind him....but then I do play one lengths too!

Just ordered myself one of his hats as well.... I think I have a crush on him.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Great split screen this morning in the coverage of the Garcia swing with his natural drop on the downswing and DeChambeau and his stiff wrist mechanical version. Both work perfectly for them and you can't knock Bryson for anything other than the pace of play. As one of the commentators said, go to the range and try hitting it as stiff wristed and see how far it goes. Yes he over analyses everything but that's his DNA. He's going to be around for a long time at the top of the game and will contend in majors too

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I love watching him play because he is just so different from all the other bombers out there.
I also love his unique approach to the game and am fascinated with all his interviews regarding his approach to the game.
He also comes across as a nice guy and has a sense of humour and can even laugh at his own idiosyncratic game.
I'd put him as my favourite foreign golfer.

D

Deleted member 15344

Can’t watch him - ugly swing and takes so loooooonnnng to play a shot , no doubt it works very well for him and he seems a genuine nice guy but he is boring when watching him.

Dogma

Assistant Pro
Visit site
This time last year I hated the chap after he had an incident with his caddy on the course and was a petulant child for the majority of rounds.

Seems to have sorted that out and is now a fantastic character to watch.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
His swing is reminiscent of Moe Norman who was probably the best ball striker ever. It's one plane and very efficient.

D

Deleted member 1147

He has an exaggerated set up, but after that, the swing is pretty standard. In that he just swings around himself on one plane.
I like watching good golf, so I have no issues with him whatsoever.

D

Deleted member 15717

I love his approach to the game. Refreshing to see.

I also do really like the hats...but couldn’t wear one myself.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's a great one plane swing as others have said and he can get it out there and put scores together. He has a precise and analytical way of doing things and it gets results. The only down side is how long he takes to do it. Am I right in thinking the 40 second rule isn't applicable to professional events (https://www.randa.org/pace-of-play-manual/rules/6-appendices/subrules/8-appendix-h) and if not, surely there is a need to get referees in each group to start being stricter with the players and putting them on the clock more often

Wolf

Visit site
Watched the highlights this afternoon and more I watch the more I enjoy his swing and approach to the game, I also love a flat cap so I may have to order a couple of those Puma ones to go with my one length irons, I really think he is on to something.

He also does an Instagram TV channel called the Lab and episode 1 is him and his Caddy getting into the putting with the flag stick in, in some of it he parodies himself and in others he goes in to real technical detail of why he believes what he does about the Pin being in

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Apparently he took 1 minute 45 seconds over his birdie putt on 15....going second.
What are the pace of play rules on tour....??