Bryson Dechambeau...

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
This is the sort of thing I was referring to about pace of play. Granted it's there jobs but 5 hours + is the norm now and that's in 3 balls and when you spend as long as DeChambeau did on 18 it's easy to see how that happens. It would have taken a Van De Velde like moment to even come remotely close to jeopardising that lead and the lay up was hardly a difficult shot. I totally get he is almost OCD in some respects to his approach to golf and he is clearly getting results but I also feel younger golfers in particular watch these pros play and take so long to get round and go out and think it's the norm

I wonder if i'm remembering this wrong but I swear the broadcast was only on for 4;30 minutes yesterday (& the last two groups hadn't tee'd off yet, in fact showing Bryson on the range) Maybe it was recorded and squeezed in but it certainly looked live as they went through introductions etc and given the hole numbers being played by the groups in front, so if live then I don't see how it could have been anywhere near 5 hours
No doubt there's time to be saved on the pro tours but also a danger that we just assume every week its longer than it really is just because we see someone talking to his caddy for a minute. Either way if the entire broadcast wasn't 5 hours clearly no ones pace of play had a 5 hour impact to a tv viewer at least (you might want to harang the production team/director for not switching things round enough if they broadcast too much preamble but this doesn't necessarily constitute slow play)

No doubt he's a methodical player (slower than most esp on the green) but I did find some of the shot preparation/planning chat quite interesting to listen in on particularly on 18 (but we don't hear it on the green so his putting seems really slow to watch) I think getting more players mic'd up would be good

I also think they should ban alignment lines on balls because some players (like Bryson) are just taking the micky with the time taken to line it up. I mean if you (rightly) cant have your caddy do it because its a fundamental skill, why allow a aid on the ball!

D

Deleted member 3432

Not watched it but I assume he managed a proper handshake with his playing partner yesterday?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I really like him but the hat puts me off. I struggle to look at it
He's a Hogan aficionado, it's his idol and I'm pretty sure it's why he wears the flat cap. Also it's different, good on him he's good for the game, problem with golf nowadays is there are no characters you don't really get the Trevino's or chi chi' s any more, apart from bubba and Bryson they are all fairly dull in all honesty. Big fan of him

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I also think they should ban alignment lines on balls because some players (like Bryson) are just taking the micky with the time taken to line it up. I mean if you (rightly) cant have your caddy do it because its a fundamental skill, why allow a aid on the ball!
Because it would affect the manufacturers rights to put whatever logo they want anywhere they like on the ball