Boris will let us play golf on March 29

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Apart from the first couple of weeks back (May/June last year) I've seen no social distancing at all around the golf course.

Go up to the high street and nearly everyone walking along it will be wearing a mask - people standing face to face talking at the course/car park/starters box/outside clubhouse - never seen anyone with a mask on. It's just as well that you can't catch it outside :confused:
This honestly seemed to be the attitude though. I mean they allowed 11-a-side grassroots football but told us we weren't allowed to use the changing rooms. Go figure.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Next up tomorrow is what Nicola will allow. I'm hoping that she will want to upstage Boris and my Scottish golfing trip in early / mid April will go ahead ?. I'm not sure what a hopeful / desperate emoji looks like so I just went with a smile.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Request came from EG to all Clubs - it was up to the clubs what or how much they would open for such players. It came to me as I am the Course Director and was asked what we could do if requested.

We had a young girl come and practice on our course during lockdown ahead of playing in the US Open.

sunshine

Visit site
Our club has a few "internationals" and they have been allowed to use the practice ground and short game area under "elite player" status. Spoke to one at the weekend and she said she had hardly bothered as the weather was so bad

I'm guessing her career will be short if she doesn't bother practising when the weather is bad. In the UK that is half the year! :rolleyes:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
What are the dates/restrictions for cross border golfing trips ie England-Scotland?

And even more locally, county to county?

I would say cross county travel from 29 March. Although the advice still appears to be to stay local, the stay at home order will no longer be law from that date, which would tend to infer that, whilst travelling within England may still be frowned upon, it won’t be illegal.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Well we're talking about 2 weeks after the Politburo relebtee
Next up tomorrow is what Nicola will allow. I'm hoping that she will want to upstage Boris and my Scottish golfing trip in early / mid April will go ahead ?. I'm not sure what a hopeful / desperate emoji looks like so I just went with a smile.

I'm sure the Welsh FMs decision will also be more about "look at me, I'm important!" than anything else. Daft, but hopefully he'll allow golf ealier to make a point... but it deffo won't be the same day.

His next dictat is 12th March.

D-S

Visit site
I am sincerely looking forward to the apologies from England Golf admitting that all their petitions, letters and lobbying Government on behalf of golf have been a total and abject failure. Golf has slipped further down the priority list (it is opening now at the same time as contact sports and a mere 2 weeks before non essential retail vs 6 weeks in lockdown 1). All their updates , briefings and press releases have produced nothing but false hope and empty promises. Shocking waste of time, money and effort.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well at least we have a date to look forward to now

It’s gives courses time to recover now , plus the better weather will help encourage growth and give the green staff time to prepare the course and finish any work off

At least we go back straight into 4balls

It’s another 5 weeks wait but it’s hopefully worth it

I’m just hoping that it means the Opens at Royal North Devon and Saunton can still go ahead

It does seem strange that you can someone for coffee and a picnic though ?‍♂️

I agree 100%☝️

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With the weather we have had I’m actually quite glad we aren’t allowed to play until the end of March, all the good the courses would have had from no traffic since the start of January would have been ruined. Hopefully we will have a dryish March and golf will be pleasant when we return.

6 7 and 9 are going to be underwater for a while yet, and the 11th and 17th greens will be outof play as well so not missing a great deal at the moment