Boris will let us play golf on March 29

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It happened at every club - people congregated in car parks , by halfway huts etc - it happened at our place as well , the senior swindle were caught upstairs pulling balls out a hat to then go out an play

There will be lots of instances at every club where people ignore social distancing rules

Happened at a few clubs I know people at. Started well, you turned up, had 10 minutes to warm up then tee off then straight home after. Then people started to arrange these groups into whatsapp swindles and people started discussing the scores after the round, then takeaway food started and people would stand around chatting with a cuppa and a sandwich and that escalated to drinking beers in the car park with people taking it in turns to buy the case. Add to that 2 balls joining up as 4 balls after the first hole, splitting for the 9th then back together after the 10th green.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
It happened at every club - people congregated in car parks , by halfway huts etc - it happened at our place as well , the senior swindle were caught upstairs pulling balls out a hat to then go out an play

There will be lots of instances at every club where people ignore social distancing rules
Apart from the first couple of weeks back (May/June last year) I've seen no social distancing at all around the golf course.

Go up to the high street and nearly everyone walking along it will be wearing a mask - people standing face to face talking at the course/car park/starters box/outside clubhouse - never seen anyone with a mask on. It's just as well that you can't catch it outside :confused:

Hercules

Visit site
So if people can walk round the countryside in pairs safely, what is the data that says waving a golf club around whilst you do it makes it dangerous? Genuinely, please produce it for us and put a whole bunch of people out of their misery.
Part of the problem is that we have 'leader' with no common sense and a Sports minister with no sporting background!

D

Deleted member 18588

We must be more obedient.

Apart from a couple of people chatting in the car park after their round we had no problems.

D

Deleted member 3432

Part of the problem is that we have 'leader' with no common sense and a Sports minister with no sporting background!

Look at posts 121# & 122# and there is a good reason we can't get back out there. Lots of golfers have no common sense and don't deserve any special treatment.....

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is it, how often have greens staff had 3 months of uninterrupted access to the course and no footfall and damage caused by play to deal with.
Alas in one of the wettest periods 9n record. I walked our course today with our HGK and there are fairways we can't get on as too wet. We will need 5 weeks of remarkable weather to be pristine in 5 weeks time ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Must admit I thought two ball golf was brilliant, walk up to nobody about, play and chat to my mate while walking round and then straight off home without seeing anyone. Golfing heaven.

Unfortunately it restricts the numbers of people that can get tee times - you half your tee times available.
We must be more obedient.

Apart from a couple of people chatting in the car park after their round we had no problems.

Or as with most clubs it’s happened out of sight even for 5/10 mins - it’s just a natural reaction for people to have a chat and congregate

D

Deleted member 18588

Unfortunately it restricts the numbers of people that can get tee times - you half your tee times available.

Or as with most clubs it’s happened out of sight even for 5/10 mins - it’s just a natural reaction for people to have a chat and congregate
Policed very actively and efficiently!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Alas in one of the wettest periods 9n record. I walked our course today with our HGK and there are fairways we can't get on as too wet. We will need 5 weeks of remarkable weather to be pristine in 5 weeks time ?
This is going to be an issue for some places around here...lots of standing water in fields..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is going to be an issue for some places around here...lots of standing water in fields..

Yes talking to our GK he told me the drainage on the course is working fine!
It’s just where the water goes when it leaves the course the rivers and channels are full and in some instances the land drains actually bring water back onto the course the levels are so high.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No not entitled just wanting not to prevented from enjoying exercise and sport without a logical reason!
If your looking for a logical reason from Boris you have a long wait.
Golf has been included with all am sport that’s just the way it is.
They are not going to let us play while stopping others imo.
It’s not logical but not surprising either.
I watched Ant and Dec on Saturday tv and this is the way people perceive golfers it was mildly amusing.
Sorry no link.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well at least we have a date to look forward to now

It’s gives courses time to recover now , plus the better weather will help encourage growth and give the green staff time to prepare the course and finish any work off

At least we go back straight into 4balls

It’s another 5 weeks wait but it’s hopefully worth it

I’m just hoping that it means the Opens at Royal North Devon and Saunton can still go ahead

It does seem strange that you can someone for coffee and a picnic though ?‍♂️