Boris has Covid 19

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So pure punishment - in the hope that they'll 'learn' no to do it again. No different from prison (or a fine) then!
That's right, educating them in what's right and what's wrong. Just like if you stole something and were caught, you would be punished to stop you reaffending, surely you would learn something from it.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
That's right, educating them in what's right and what's wrong.

They know that staying in is right and partying with their mates is wrong.
If they break the rules, they don't need educating, they need locking up.
Ultimately it will be their fault when we're still in lockdown for months to come.
If I had my way they would be locked up and fined.

On a side note, has my application to be a moderator been approved yet?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
I'd considered that and it might be an option. But I doubt whether it would be effective for many and, with so many potential 'candidates', would put a considerable strain on the entire CS infrastructure. I'm not a great believer that CS works the right way anyway, though I do believe it's better than imprisonment!

Hmmm. C S is thought not to work the right way, but it's better than imprisonment?
It's knowing that society cops out like that, that emboldens these numnuts to do what they want.
Perhaps we should give them a stern talking to , like " would you mind awfully.....etc"
Obviously sarcastic there, but, come on, what is going to make this lot behave and stop adding to the NHS burden. do you reckon.?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They know that staying in is right and partying with their mates is wrong.
If they break the rules, they don't need educating, they need locking up.
Ultimately it will be their fault when we're still in lockdown for months to come.
If I had my way they would be locked up and fined.

On a side note, has my application to be a moderator been approved yet?
I think we agree, I'm just calling their punishment a form of education.

Re: Mod application: Your letters in the post.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Thats right but if they know they would be open for a £500/£800 fine then I am certain many would stop it. Doing nothing is no deterent and unfortunately there a lot of people out there that dont act responsible. Of course the courts need to play their part but if the fine is a fixed penalty then they dont need to be involved unless the person appeals.

They are involved if they don't pay it. Not only if they appeal it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Hmmm. C S is thought not to work the right way, but it's better than imprisonment?
It's knowing that society cops out like that, that emboldens these numnuts to do what they want.
Perhaps we should give them a stern talking to , like " would you mind awfully.....etc"
Obviously sarcastic there, but, come on, what is going to make this lot behave and stop adding to the NHS burden. do you reckon.?
Who exactly are this “lot” ?

D

Deleted member 16999

This thread is just a nonsense now.

?
WHAT! With all these good ideas you Police are being given for free?

I don’t know how our Police Force cope when you’ve got all these extremists telling you how to do your job!;)

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
WHAT! With all these good ideas you Police are being given for free?

I don’t know how our Police Force cope when you’ve got all these extremists telling you how to do your job!;)
? If theres a problem with these idiots acting irresponsibly then give the Police stronger powers to deal with it. I dont see the problem with that. Do you?

D

Deleted member 16999

What? Where have you been. . They are those to whom the Daily update has just been appealing- to stay at home in accordance with the guidelines.
Now, are you in any doubt??
But what is their background or profession etc are these the same ones that litter (as posted by someone else) what is their intelligence level etc, ie, one solution may not fit all.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 16999

? If theres a problem with these idiots acting irresponsibly then give the Police stronger powers to deal with it. I dont see the problem with that. Do you?
Yes I do, people are coming up with these ideas and initiatives for the under-manned Police Force, how about engaging them and finding out what support, logistics or equipment they need to carry out these extra tasks and how they’d deal with the problems.

Look at the bad press they are already getting themselves in to:

Police tweeting about non-essential shelves.

Policewomen telling a family they are not allowed to use their garden.

Police saying they are going to check shopping trolleys.

Just 3 embarrassing examples today.

The men and women on the front line are those who have to enforce and work with these rushed, badly thought out initiatives.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes I do, people are coming up with these ideas and initiatives for the under-manned Police Force, how about engaging them and finding out what support, logistics or equipment they need to carry out these extra tasks and how they’d deal with the problems.

Look at the bad press they are already getting themselves in to:

Police tweeting about non-essential shelves.

Policewomen telling a family they are not allowed to use their garden.

Police saying they are going to check shopping trolleys.

Just 3 embarrassing examples today.

The men and women on the front line are those who have to enforce and work with these rushed, badly thought out initiatives.
They dont need to do any of those things you have listed. When they apprehend people breaking social distancing guidelines they need to give them a fixed penalty notice. They manage it if they catch you breaking a driving or parking regulation so what's new, it just wants the appropriate law in place. They wont catch everyone but everyone they do catch is a warning to others.

Regarding people coming up with suggestions on how things should be done, is that any different from people suggesting how the Government should be running the country and theres been plenty of that, hasn't there?

D

Deleted member 16999

They dont need to do any of those things you have listed. When they apprehend people breaking social distancing guidelines they need to give them a fixed penalty notice. They manage it if they catch you breaking a driving or parking regulation so what's new, it just wants the appropriate law in place. They wont catch everyone but everyone they do catch is a warning to others.

Regarding people coming up with suggestions on how things should be done, is that any different from people suggesting how the Government should be running the country and theres been plenty of that, hasn't there?
Traffic Officers deal with traffic offences and will have a great deal more knowledge, the simple fact is we don’t have enough Police to do the job properly, if we did they’d already be clamping down on the offences already being committed.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Traffic Officers deal with traffic offences and will have a great deal more knowledge, the simple fact is we don’t have enough Police to do the job properly, if we did they’d already be clamping down on the offences already being committed.
OK, so we cant do anything else.