Covid vaccine side effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Is Covid on the resurgence again...

Drug companies obviously need to pay their execs some million dollar dividends...

HPIMG

Visit site
My best mate has had 3 heart attacks around 4/5 months ago, doesn’t drink or smoke does boxing a few times a week since his teens. He’s 41 hospital said it might of been the vaccine he’s now got myocarditis, it is known side affect that’s listed on the British heart foundation website.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
My best mate has had 3 heart attacks around 4/5 months ago, doesn’t drink or smoke does boxing a few times a week since his teens. He’s 41 hospital said it might of been the vaccine he’s now got myocarditis, it is known side affect that’s listed on the British heart foundation website.
It might have been, it might not. Myocarditis is not an uncommon event - I had it myself years before Covid - and may be more likely in someone with a previous cardiac history. Also occurs as a complication of Covid itself.

There is a phenomenon I see all the time in clinical trials. word gets out that a certain medicine can cause a certain side effect. OK, so person in the trial gets said side effect, and the investigator who is asked to state their view as to whether the event is related to the study drug says that it definitely is. So we unblind the patient, i.e. reveal what they are actually receiving, and they are on placebo, not the actual drug at all.

In clinical trials you don't say that drug is "safe", you refer to the benefit-risk, i.e. is the benefit worth the risk. For almost every subgroup of patients, the benefit-risk for the vax is strongly positive. Lots of stuff on twitter about the safety profile of the Covid vax is either plainly lies or has been misunderstood by someone who doesn't understand safety data collection.

I have been offered a Covid booster and made a booking.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sometimes details get a bit lost but although myocarditis is a known uncommon side effect of the vaccine and indeed infection it is recognised as being with in a couple of weeks of vaccination usually 7-10 days as I understand it.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Folks, it seems that the gist of the OP has flown straight over several heads. Have a look at your EG dashboard on the app and you may catch on!

Can we please confine a further lengthy debate about covid, vaccines and so on to any relevant thread in the OOB section of the forum?

Thanks.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really? That can be a hereditary condition.
Hopefully they will be OK.

rystaman

Visit site
It might have been, it might not. Myocarditis is not an uncommon event - I had it myself years before Covid - and may be more likely in someone with a previous cardiac history. Also occurs as a complication of Covid itself.

There is a phenomenon I see all the time in clinical trials. word gets out that a certain medicine can cause a certain side effect. OK, so person in the trial gets said side effect, and the investigator who is asked to state their view as to whether the event is related to the study drug says that it definitely is. So we unblind the patient, i.e. reveal what they are actually receiving, and they are on placebo, not the actual drug at all.

In clinical trials you don't say that drug is "safe", you refer to the benefit-risk, i.e. is the benefit worth the risk. For almost every subgroup of patients, the benefit-risk for the vax is strongly positive. Lots of stuff on twitter about the safety profile of the Covid vax is either plainly lies or has been misunderstood by someone who doesn't understand safety data collection.

I have been offered a Covid booster and made a booking.
People always seem to forget that Covid itself has a risk of myocarditis...

HPIMG

Visit site
Really? That can be a hereditary condition.
Hopefully they will be OK.
He’s not really getting any real answers from the hospital they say it’s just myocarditis and it should just go away in time. Also they can’t get his blood pressure any lower than 150/160 so he’s panicking about that. He’s went from very active to not working and thinks he’s close to getting payed off and some days he can’t get out of bed.
I just feel gutted for him 41 is way too young to be having heart problems but now seems to be normal.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Folks, as already alluded to this thread appears to have been intended by the OP as a humorous suggestion that the Covid vaccine has a detrimental impact on his golf. I’m sure it wasn’t intended as another thread where Covid, it’s impact and so on should be discussed, not least because it appears in the Lounge section of the forum.

If you really want to discuss vaccines, long Covid, and so on, then please feel free to do so in OOB.

This thread is now being locked to prevent further addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.