Boris has Covid 19

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’m missing something here.....I’m restricting my own travel cos theres a nasty virus about that I don’t want to catch... mixing with folk increases the chances of catching it.

The nhs doesn’t need me adding to the queue either....

the fines are being a wally, not civil disobedience

With the guidelines/rules being written in such a non-specific way where does the actual line of being a "wally" fall?

And, I stand by my earlier comment that in the UK there is not a culture/history of on the spot (fixed penalty) fines... Perhaps, if there was, there might be more funding for greater numbers of bobbies on the beat...

Last edited:
U

User62651

Now he's out of the woods is it reasonable to assume he intended to catch the virus? Perhaps thinking (or being advised) he'd be able to brush it off as one of the asymptomatic or mildly affected and quickly become one of the immune herd - why else go out of your way to make physical contact with infected people?
Instead it left him in a life threatening situation taking up a bed in ICU and the country a bit rudderless for any number of weeks.
Genuine question - what kind of leader judgement is that?

Reckless or heroic depending on what political flag you fly I'll guess. :unsure:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Now he's out of the woods is it reasonable to assume he intended to catch the virus? Perhaps thinking (or being advised) he'd be able to brush it off as one of the asymptomatic or mildly affected and quickly become one of the immune herd - why else go out of your way to make physical contact with infected people?
Instead it left him in a life threatening situation taking up a bed in ICU and the country a bit rudderless for any number of weeks.

Reckless or heroic depending on what political flag you fly I'll guess. :unsure:

What?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

Seriously...!!??
I cant believe that anyone would deliberately go out of their way to catch this virus.
Nobody knows how anyone is going to react and, although the vast majority experience mild or no symptoms, it would be a massive risk to deliberately get infected.

U

User62651

He shook hands with coronavirus patients in hospital and told phil and holly about it on Good Morning. Why would you do that? He also talked about herd immunity and possibly made a joke about 'Operation Last Gasp'.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

I just love conspiracy theories!

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site

I dislike Boris and his politics as much as anyone. But even DomCum and his “big picture eugenics” style thinking wouldn’t suggest this. It’s far too outlandish and stupid....

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Behave yourself ffs

U

User62651

Behave yourself ffs

Ok it may have come across as a bit crass and for that I apologise but if there is no vaccine and you want to be part of the immune herd you have to catch it and get through it, no?
I am not the first person to ask that.
Bojo's character is a bit bull in a china shop, act or speak first think later, go for the populist vote. That's why a lot of people like him after all.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site

Or unintentional b ad luck unless your thinking is completely dominated by your political flag.
Sometimes Occams Razor is the way of it.

U

User62651

Or unintentional b ad luck unless your thinking is completely dominated by your political flag.
Sometimes Occams Razor is the way of it.

had to google that, i won't lie, everday's a schoolday! My philosophy is more Bill and Teds level.:oops:

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

His dim witted father boasting that he 'nearly took one for the team' certainly did not help his heroic claim.
I am joining Stanley in the reckless camp.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ok it may have come across as a bit crass and for that I apologise but if there is no vaccine and you want to be part of the immune herd you have to catch it and get through it, no?
I am not the first person to ask that.
Bojo's character is a bit bull in a china shop, act or speak first think later, go for the populist vote. That's why a lot of people like him after all.
Come on now, that was a bit 'tin foil hat' logic