Boris has Covid 19

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m not talking about his advice, which itself stems from scientific advice, but his ability as a leader and figurehead. Rather Boris than Dominic Raab, any day of the week. The latter looks terrified.

The clear leader in England right now is the new Chancellor, he is very impressive.
Nicola also doing well in Scotland.
There is a problem with the Tory Westminster leadership ATM, having the guy in charge of the UK in an ICU unit looks pretty desperate.
They need to sort that one out for the future, Johnstone needs to wind back his ego quite a few notches.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
The clear leader in England right now is the new Chancellor, he is very impressive.
Nicola also doing well in Scotland.
There is a problem with the Tory Westminster leadership ATM, having the guy in charge of the UK in an ICU unit looks pretty desperate.
They need to sort that one out for the future, Johnstone needs to wind back his ego quite a few notches.

Your posts are getting boring these days and the fact the PM was declared out of ICU yesterday just shows your own ignorance.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And do you not think the employer had a duty of care and common sense to their staff and workers?

Easy to sling mud to detract from your own selfish greed.
Agreed..... but don't you think he fueled that by putting building sites on the allowed list?

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You will still get idiots out and about and as I said earlier until the courts grow a pair it won't be properly enforced.
Thats right but if they know they would be open for a £500/£800 fine then I am certain many would stop it. Doing nothing is no deterent and unfortunately there a lot of people out there that dont act responsible. Of course the courts need to play their part but if the fine is a fixed penalty then they dont need to be involved unless the person appeals.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Skip the community service imo. Community service, generally, requires interaaction with 'the community', something that is 'on hold' in the current environment - and the numnuts that are breaching the 'lockdown' are likely to do far more damage to the community than to learn anything from it! Certainly large fines though!
In that case they can do the community service later.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
In that case they can do the community service later.
I'd considered that and it might be an option. But I doubt whether it would be effective for many and, with so many potential 'candidates', would put a considerable strain on the entire CS infrastructure. I'm not a great believer that CS works the right way anyway, though I do believe it's better than imprisonment!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I'd considered that and it might be an option. But I doubt whether it would be effective for many and, with so many potential 'candidates', would put a considerable strain on the entire CS infrastructure. I'm not a great believer that CS works the right way anyway, though I do believe it's better than imprisonment!

I don't agree.
£500 fine or a week in prison.

D

Deleted member 16999

I don't agree.
And those who haven’t got the money go to which prison that is currently not overcrowded and with Staff that aren’t able to cope!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't agree.
Er...Which of the already overcrowded (now that's rather ironic) prisons are you going to put them in when they opt for that?
Btw. My reply was about the effectiveness of (deferred) Community Service, not 'Fine vs Prison'.
And there's also the question of whether society should 'punish' such offenders or 'educate' them too - as happens with some Driving offences.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And those who haven’t got the money go to which prison that is currently not overcrowded and with Staff that aren’t able to cope!
So what do you suggest? Should we let people do what they want now as we dont have enough prisons or they dont have enough money to pay fines.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Er...Which of the already overcrowded (now that's rather ironic) prisons are you going to put them in when they opt for that?
Btw. My reply was about the effectiveness of (deferred) Community Service, not 'Fine vs Prison'.
And there's also the question of whether society should 'punish' such offenders or 'educate' them too - as happens with some Driving offences.
A big fine or picking up rubbish on road verges (which many of them probably created anyway) is a way of educating them, we are talking of people potentially spreading a killer virus here.

D

Deleted member 16999

So what do you suggest? Should we let people do what they want now as we dont have enough prisons or they dont have enough money to pay fines.
Were did I say any of that!:rolleyes:

Easier to knee jerk and come out with badly thought plans then blame everyone else for not using commonsense!

Leftitshort

Visit site
Punishment can be a form of education if used appropriately. The punishment should fit the crime.
You do this and that happens to you so you learn not to do it.
That’s not education that’s pure punishment. To educate, set up camps, call them something like (re) education camps. The plan would be to (re) educate them over a number of years until they can be good citizens (y)(y)

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That’s not education that’s pure punishment. To educate, set up camps, call them something like (re) education camps. The plan would be to (re) educate them over a number of years until they can be good citizens (y)(y)
'Camps' are you being serious! Most people call those Prisons.

I have explained the logic of how punishment can be a form of education

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Punishment can be a form of education if used appropriately. The punishment should fit the crime.
You do this and that happens to you so you learn not to do it.
So pure punishment - in the hope that they'll 'learn' no to do it again. No different from prison (or a fine) then!