booking tee time software

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
a long shot, but our roll up is struggling to book our slots most weeks keep getting pipped. a while ago someone mentione some software that allowed you to book your pref slot before anyone else.

anyone know what this sofware was called and how to get it?

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I reckon most likely that someone has built a program to do this for themselves. Perhaps it's been shared around a few groups. But you'd probably need a fair bit of IT knowledge to use it.

I can't imagine it would be commercially viable to release it, and would rather defeat the purpose of building it for yourself if others could use it for the same purpose.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
a long shot, but our roll up is struggling to book our slots most weeks keep getting pipped. a while ago someone mentione some software that allowed you to book your pref slot before anyone else.

Is that not "cheating" and unfair to other members?

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yes IMO. The post mentioned is in a BRS thread. The phone app is supposed to be quicker than using a PC. It's currently fastest finger first at ours ( when we can play golf )with people sat there just before 8.00am trying to book a slot you want:rolleyes: No use if you are at work and unable to access it. Mind you it's not at midnight like some clubs have theirs set to open.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
trouble is it started of as just a group of around 15, but the club have told new members to just come along if they are looking for a game. so its swelled and the 3 times we can get together are no longer enough. The clubs won't give us a reserve booking slot a few delib try and book our slots, but then often don't turn up anyway.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
trouble is it started of as just a group of around 15, but the club have told new members to just come along if they are looking for a game. so its swelled and the 3 times we can get together are no longer enough. The clubs won't give us a reserve booking slot a few delib try and book our slots, but then often don't turn up anyway.

Club should sanction them then:rolleyes:

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

Common issue at a lot of clubs.

Ultimately just have to accept that you get the times you get and don't all play one after the other.

D

Deleted member 17920

No such thing exists, if there was then members everywhere would be trying it on.

Ours opens at 18.30 and I can check at what time the 1st tee time is booked straight after that.

Its normally about 7-9 seconds on average.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sorry but that’s poor to try and cheat a booking system just because people don’t get the slots they want - surely everyone is entitled to play in any spot they wish ?

If the slot you want to play isn’t available then just go to the next one

Yep it’s fasted finger first at most clubs now and i don’t think it’s going to change. And I would hope that people wouldn’t look to cheat the system

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Common issue at a lot of clubs.

Ultimately just have to accept that you get the times you get and don't all play one after the other.
might be but, we have been put in a difficult position by the club, we can usually get 3 times together which was fine for the original group, but the club have told quite a few new members to come along and play with us if they don't have a game so now we have 10 extra turn up at times. we have been told its unfair on the couple of other groups that also block a couple of times. if they gave us a resv extra coouple of times, but the club havn't told anyone to go and play with them. theres even a couple who delib try and book our pref slot, then either don't turn up or cancel 20 mins before.

i suppose we will just have to be blunt and tell the new guys they can't come along any longer

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry but that’s poor to try and cheat a booking system just because people don’t get the slots they want - surely everyone is entitled to play in any spot they wish ?

If the slot you want to play isn’t available then just go to the next one

Yep it’s fasted finger first at most clubs now and i don’t think it’s going to change. And I would hope that people wouldn’t look to cheat the system

Its not cheating, just using a tool to help get the time he wants, its the same principal as any of the many auction snipers out there, just in reverse
If there was money to be made then someone would be developing the app, but it may not be so easy becasue there are quite a few different system, not all will expose their API so it would be a lot of effort to code for little return.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If there was an app then others could use it and then you are back to square one. Fastest finger is the fairest option although in this case it sounds as though there are other things happening that need to be resolved.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site

A roll up (or any other group) should not get preferential treatment.

Seniors thinking they own the place as usual perhaps.?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I run our Saturday roll up. Since Covid and the introduction of booked tee times for the first time for social golf, we have been unable to run our group in the same way every other group has been forced on hold. It's a pain, and the roll ups have always been an integral part of the club and social golf and a great tool for new members to get a regular game and meet other golfers but with it being fastest finger first so everyone has the same chance to play especially with reduced light, there is no way of getting around this. More importantly I don''t think anyone should have the right to block book times at this time

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I run our Saturday roll up. Since Covid and the introduction of booked tee times for the first time for social golf, we have been unable to run our group in the same way every other group has been forced on hold. It's a pain, and the roll ups have always been an integral part of the club and social golf and a great tool for new members to get a regular game and meet other golfers but with it being fastest finger first so everyone has the same chance to play especially with reduced light, there is no way of getting around this. More importantly I don''t think anyone should have the right to block book times at this time

My Club now accommodates swindles. The system seems to be that the pro shop pre books a number of slots on the booking system (v1) for when the various swindles play, those who wish to play list their names until the number of slots available are filled, and then the pro shop mixes the names into the slots some days before the booking. I think they also charge the members club card for the swindle costs, and sort out payments to winners etc

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My Club now accommodates swindles. The system seems to be that the pro shop pre books a number of slots on the booking system (v1) for when the various swindles play, those who wish to play list their names until the number of slots available are filled, and then the pro shop mixes the names into the slots some days before the booking. I think they also charge the members club card for the swindle costs, and sort out payments to winners etc

Our clubs view is that all members have the same right to play and that it needs to be inclusive while we are using booked times and so supply is limited compared to demand. When we get out of this mess, hopefully Spring/Summer next year the plan is to reintroduce the roll ups and do away with booked times except for comps. We have been lobbying the office since lockdown 1.0 for a set of slots for each roll up but as this would reduce the amount of times for everyone else I can understand why they have said no

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Our clubs view is that all members have the same right to play and that it needs to be inclusive while we are using booked times and so supply is limited compared to demand. When we get out of this mess, hopefully Spring/Summer next year the plan is to reintroduce the roll ups and do away with booked times except for comps. We have been lobbying the office since lockdown 1.0 for a set of slots for each roll up but as this would reduce the amount of times for everyone else I can understand why they have said no

I dont see that. Our swindle boys were just booking tee times and playing anyway, doing it this way just means that the swindle element is given the chance to return their golf back to some normality. No one gets any more or less golf than they were prior to Covid.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I dont see that. Our swindle boys were just booking tee times and playing anyway, doing it this way just means that the swindle element is given the chance to return their golf back to some normality. No one gets any more or less golf than they were prior to Covid.

I agree with what you say and we had been upfront to the club and said new members were more than welcome to join our roll up or the Sunday one I play in. The club don't see it that way especially booking the same slots each week. We have one big roll up before ours (first light) and two big ones later on a Saturday so I can see how there would be limited slots for other golfers not wanting to play in a roll up.