Biggest distance increase you've had

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
230 yard 6 iron and a beginner? Maybe long driver should be your game since you need to swing a 6 iron around 110mph to get that kind of distance.

Those are Jamie Sadlowski kinds of distances.

What model 6 iron is it though?
Make the right change and you can gain 30 or 40 yards without changing your swing.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
After having a lesson today I hit my 6 iron 230 yards when I’d normally hit it 180. That was one shot that was pretty much perfect but I had a few other shots get close to that too. I also put 50 yards extra carry on my driver. This has all come from improving my body rotation on both the backswing and through impact. As a beginner I’d expect my gains to be pretty large at present but suspect any future gains won’t be as big. I just need to be more consistent in my ball striking now.

I once hit my PW 210 yards in Portugal, I normally hit 110. Par 5, big tree in front of my second shot, selected club to clear tree and leave me a nice distance in for my 3rd; totally thinned it, missed trunk on right hand side, got on the cart path and came off it just in front of the green.

A 230 6i is crazy distance - if you're anyway accurate, at my course you'd hit driver twice maybe, and should get round in about 10-12 under. My driver just about gets past your 6i! We'd be playing very different games if paired together!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I once hit my PW 210 yards in Portugal, I normally hit 110. Par 5, big tree in front of my second shot, selected club to clear tree and leave me a nice distance in for my 3rd; totally thinned it, missed trunk on right hand side, got on the cart path and came off it just in front of the green.

A 230 6i is crazy distance - if you're anyway accurate, at my course you'd hit driver twice maybe, and should get round in about 10-12 under. My driver just about gets past your 6i! We'd be playing very different games if paired together!
i once hit my 9 iron that distance... was hacking it out the rough on 18, and thinned it, on a rock hard frozen fairway,,, couldn't feel the middle two fingers on my right hand for 2 days.. and the two guys who were putting out on the green were not that happy either as it zipped past their ankles

Springveldt

Visit site
What model 6 iron is it though?
Make the right change and you can gain 30 or 40 yards without changing your swing.
I know you like your "vintage" irons, but even game improvement irons aren't giving you an extra 30 or 40 yards per club. Well, they didn't for me anyway.

Maybe the 230 yard 6 iron is possible, here's a lad hitting the new Ping g710 7 iron that distance with a little roll out.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I know you like your "vintage" irons, but even game improvement irons aren't giving you an extra 30 or 40 yards per club. Well, they didn't for me anyway.

Maybe the 230 yard 6 iron is possible, here's a lad hitting the new Ping g710 7 iron that distance with a little roll out.

lol, you would only need 7,8 9 and 8 wedges:ROFLMAO:

Springveldt

Visit site
lol, you would only need 7,8 9 and 8 wedges:ROFLMAO:
He actually says that in the video, there is no need for a 5 iron or below in the set if you have a slower swing speed, you would be just a well getting hybrids at that point to help get the ball in the air.

2 or 3 clubs worth of cranked loft so the 6 is like a traditional 3 or 4, throw in a hot face, easily achievable.
Bet most people will hit that 6 iron better and higher than the traditional 3 or 4 iron. (Here we go again. :))

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
He actually says that in the video, there is no need for a 5 iron or below in the set if you have a slower swing speed, you would be just a well getting hybrids at that point to help get the ball in the air.

Bet most people will hit that 6 iron better and higher than the traditional 3 or 4 iron. (Here we go again. :))

I hate hybrids!

Hence my latest purchase is a large number fairway!

??

Chico84

Visit site
230 yard 6 iron and a beginner? Maybe long driver should be your game since you need to swing a 6 iron around 110mph to get that kind of distance.

Those are Jamie Sadlowski kinds of distances.

I can only go on what the trackman at the range said. Quite honestly this is what it showed - I have nothing to gain from making this up. It was one shot and a few others fairly close to it. Chances of me recreating this on the course on a consistent basis are pretty slim. I’m a big guy who plays rugby so I’m fairly strong, which helps. All I wanted to show was that being able to apply that through a better technique (the videos of week one with just arms and no body action compared to now are quite interesting) has had a huge impact. I’m under no allusions that I’m the next Rory or anyone else for that matter. I was hitting a 7 iron over 200 yards when I first started. The problem was that it generally wasn’t in a straight line!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I hit the XR16 280 yards carry at Kings of Distance at the Belfry which surprised the hell out of me. Mind you that was what trackman said so I have no way of refuting it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I can only go on what the trackman at the range said. Quite honestly this is what it showed - I have nothing to gain from making this up. It was one shot and a few others fairly close to it. Chances of me recreating this on the course on a consistent basis are pretty slim. I’m a big guy who plays rugby so I’m fairly strong, which helps. All I wanted to show was that being able to apply that through a better technique (the videos of week one with just arms and no body action compared to now are quite interesting) has had a huge impact. I’m under no allusions that I’m the next Rory or anyone else for that matter. I was hitting a 7 iron over 200 yards when I first started. The problem was that it generally wasn’t in a straight line!

A big guy who plays rugby. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be polite to you.

???