Best electric Trolley?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the build quality of the new range I think they have learned lessons from past designs. I have crashed mine more than a few times now and it is still solid, if the quality is that bad something would have broken by now. Just buy the one you like the look of and let the warranty sort out anything that may go wrong.

Yep, my CT6 has been rock solid and appears very well built, unless you want to hit it with a sledgehammer or something ?

TigerBear

Visit site
Just got a message that my Go Kart auto will be delivered today. Shame it wasn't in time for the 28 holes I played yesterday.
Never had a power trolley before, so I'm going in blind but open-minded. I'm sure nobody's interested in my ramblings, but I'll let you know my impressions once I've had it out on the course.

Would really appreciate that Rich.

I'm definitely interested! :)

RichA

Visit site
Would really appreciate that Rich.

I'm definitely interested! :)
Only played 10 holes on our hilly course, but the Go Kart auto was great. Easy to use. No teething troubles. Didn't run away on hills. Made the golf easier, without actually having to think about controlling the trolley.
Can't fault it at all. Obviously, I'll charge the lithium battery, as per the instructions, but it's still showing 4/4 lights.
My Hoofer stand bag isn't a perfect fit, but the straps held it on securely with access to all the pockets.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only played 10 holes on our hilly course, but the Go Kart auto was great. Easy to use. No teething troubles. Didn't run away on hills. Made the golf easier, without actually having to think about controlling the trolley.
Can't fault it at all. Obviously, I'll charge the lithium battery, as per the instructions, but it's still showing 4/4 lights.
My Hoofer stand bag isn't a perfect fit, but the straps held it on securely with access to all the pockets.
The go kart bags are pretty good and decent value. I had a zip fail on one and they just replaced it?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Motacaddy bag fits very well on my 4yr old, pre facelift Gokart. Unless they have changed the design on the trolley the slot on the base of the bag fits perfectly and prevents it from twisting. Another option for you to look in addition to spongebobs suggestion.

RichA

Visit site
My Motacaddy bag fits very well on my 4yr old, pre facelift Gokart. Unless they have changed the design on the trolley the slot on the base of the bag fits perfectly and prevents it from twisting. Another option for you to look in addition to spongebobs suggestion.
I'll make do for now. Enough money spent on toys this year. 6 1/2 months till my birthday.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'll make do for now. Enough money spent on toys this year. 6 1/2 months till my birthday.
Come on. You know you want to.............
tenor.gif

TigerBear

Visit site

Cheers Rich. Sounds like money well spent!

How did you find stopping the trolley on a decline or incline without a brake?

I have a TM stand bag so where the top of the legs meet the top of the bag it juts out. Would that be a concern? What way was your bag not a perfect fit, the design of the trolley?

The CT6 has a bendable fixture the top of the bag sits on so will fit most bags.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The go kart bags are pretty good and decent value. I had a zip fail on one and they just replaced it?

I have the latest GoKart bag (in green to match the trolley). Really nice looking and sits on the cart a treat. Only thing it could do with is an extra small pocket on the outside. It's got one big one at the bottom for balls, a magnetic flapped one for drinks, and a smaller one above for tees etc. but it could do with another smaller one on top for ball markers, pencils etc. Other than that, it's great.

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
Cheers Rich. Sounds like money well spent!

How did you find stopping the trolley on a decline or incline without a brake?

I have a TM stand bag so where the top of the legs meet the top of the bag it juts out. Would that be a concern? What way was your bag not a perfect fit, the design of the trolley?

The CT6 has a bendable fixture the top of the bag sits on so will fit most bags.
No probs with inclines. Never looked like rolling anywhere but, as others suggested, I just angled it a bit.
I guess all stands bags have that chunky bit. I found a position that worked with the bag in at 0°, if that makes sense. It might be more snug rotated 45°, but I was happy as it was. That said, I'll prob get a trolley bag in the future.

Edit: added these pics as the websites never seem to show this part.

Attachments

• DA538160-256B-47B1-AD86-A95080DF9E44.jpeg
    DA538160-256B-47B1-AD86-A95080DF9E44.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 29
  • C2BF12E4-6804-4EE2-87C7-34DB5892F663.jpeg
    C2BF12E4-6804-4EE2-87C7-34DB5892F663.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 12C153EC-AF17-4C5E-B69E-AD40913B6245.jpeg
    12C153EC-AF17-4C5E-B69E-AD40913B6245.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

TigerBear

Visit site
No probs with inclines. Never looked like rolling anywhere but, as others suggested, I just angled it a bit.
I guess all stands bags have that chunky bit. I found a position that worked with the bag in at 0°, if that makes sense. It might be more snug rotated 45°, but I was happy as it was. That said, I'll prob get a trolley bag in the future.

Edit: added these pics as the websites never seem to show this part.

Thanks for posting the photos Rich(y) good to see the top strap and how a stand bag would sit. Seems like the straps keep your bag in solid enough!

Like you, going to get a trolley (hopefully soon, been looking for weeks now :eek:) and next season go for a trolley bag....fast forward to next season and I'll probably still be deciding on a trolley :ROFLMAO:

tobybarker

Visit site
My S1 works fine and collapses easily enough. However it annoys me that there is a single knob for go and speed... Easy to change the speed just as you press the knob to switch it on.

Also whoever decided on the method of engaging the auto advance feature (to send it off 10 or 20 yards) should be sacked: as you approach the ball, and decide you want to send the trolley off to the next tee 20 yards away you have to stop the trolley, press and hold the knob for 2 or 3 seconds, the rotate it to select option 1 2 or 3 then send it on its way by pressing it again. Madness. What a faff.

D

Deleted member 23164

Love my MC M5 GPS really great, works a treat, good warranty period- works and was a great present from my wife.
Saves my old back.
cheers
D

TigerBear

Visit site
Love my MC M5 GPS really great, works a treat, good warranty period- works and was a great present from my wife.
Saves my old back.
cheers
D

How is the GPS working out Kluson?

Hearing reports that, like the Powakaddy, GPS can be very temperamental!

RichA

Visit site
The plastic tag on the bungee cord snapped at the weekend, as I was loading the Go Kart into the boot of the car. My fault. Emailed GoKart and they're posting me a free replacement part.
Experience tells me that most other manufacturers (of any product) would have directed me to the retailer for some fruitless email ping pong.

M.Harmon

Visit site
Just got an email from PowaKaddy that they are releasing a remote trolley the FX9, I may buy it for my birthday and sell my CT6.

shagster

Head Pro
Visit site
https://www.americangolf.co.uk/gps-...rd-range-lithium-electric-trolley-357698.html

This would be the one I would get but with the extended battery would put you under £800

The displays is great , it’s sleek , solid and light

The stats are things like how long a round took or distance travelled etc

The quick lock for the bag is great as well.
i went for the 5 as it has gps and 12 months intrest free as well
dhc can be a pain but generally a great trolley

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
In the market for a new trolley as mine died of old age on the 8th yesterday.

Considering the Gokart of Golf Stream.

Has anyone got a Gokart with the automatic speed control? And does it work well?