BBC

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ah, okay so they were merely gunmen following orders.

And BBC would like to change history by implying the Nazis were just ordinary guys doing their job?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't work out if the main moaner about the BBC here has a grudge against them because they turned his entry into Antiques roadshow down, or if he just has nothing else better to do.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If complaints to BBC over their Gaza Israel/Hamas coverage are, as I understand it, split 50/50 too pro Israel/not negative enough Hamas, then I’m thinking that the BBC is navigating a very complex issue in pretty much an unbiased way.

Swango1980

Visit site
Out of interest, do the other main media outlets use the word terrorist after the attack in Israel? I'm not sure, although I've just found an ITV article about the attack that doesn't use the word, but called them militants.

Perhaps the following link might be of interest for some who are ignorant on their policy? They've had the same policy for years, including during WW2 and during The Troubles foe example.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Give some praise to BBC.
By chance I found the Nicky Campbell child abuse scandal in an Edinburgh school.
Devastation caused to any number of boys up and down the land during the 1970's.
I do remember those days and it did happen.

I did experience one incident.
Taken into a private room and caned for next to nothing, despite being exempt due to fragile health.

I also saw one boy being repeatedly touched on the bottom.
I was 9 then and I just knew it was wrong.
How many of those teachers and ex-teachers are still out there?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Out of interest, do the other main media outlets use the word terrorist after the attack in Israel? I'm not sure, although I've just found an ITV article about the attack that doesn't use the word, but called them militants.

Perhaps the following link might be of interest for some who are ignorant on their policy? They've had the same policy for years, including during WW2 and during The Troubles foe example.

one man's terrorist.. is another man's martyr

Swango1980

Visit site
Give some praise to BBC.
By chance I found the Nicky Campbell child abuse scandal in an Edinburgh school.
Devastation caused to any number of boys up and down the land during the 1970's.

Taken into a private room and caned for next to nothing, despite being exempt due to fragile health.

When I was in 5th form (Year 12 in England I think), the vice principal of the school was charged with many many sex abuse cases over the last 20-30 years. There were always rumours about him, and the other teachers were aware of the rumours. The head teacher was able to brush any complaints under the carpet all that time. But it caught up with him in the late 90's, and he was found guilty and sent to prison. And the head teacher left the school.

I've no doubt this sort of thing went on loads in the past. For anybody with those types of tendencies, being put in charge of children was probably the dream job. He was an RE teacher, took sex education classes and was in charge of the school trips for the first years (Year 8 in England I think). He encouraged kids to come and see him instead of the school nurse if they ever got injured in the groin, as he said it would be less embarrassing for them seeing him rather than the female nurse. Almost hiding in open sight.

Just like to think safeguarding is at a whole new level these days, I'm not sure it existed at all when I was at school.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When I was in 5th form (Year 12 in England I think), the vice principal of the school was charged with many many sex abuse cases over the last 20-30 years. There were always rumours about him, and the other teachers were aware of the rumours. The head teacher was able to brush any complaints under the carpet all that time. But it caught up with him in the late 90's, and he was found guilty and sent to prison. And the head teacher left the school.

I've no doubt this sort of thing went on loads in the past. For anybody with those types of tendencies, being put in charge of children was probably the dream job. He was an RE teacher, took sex education classes and was in charge of the school trips for the first years (Year 8 in England I think). He encouraged kids to come and see him instead of the school nurse if they ever got injured in the groin, as he said it would be less embarrassing for them seeing him rather than the female nurse. Almost hiding in open sight.

Just like to think safeguarding is at a whole new level these days, I'm not sure it existed at all when I was at school.
Safeguarding has gone up significantly,... but unfortunately, the perpetrators/predators find a way around. They need to be neutered..

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ohh, I get that. Although I don't see how neutering someone that is being covered for is going to work :)
Anyone caught fiddling with kids should be hung by their bits on the high st.

Cant catch them all but it’s the ones who get out and reoffend that gets me.
They should not be able to reoffend .
Rehabilitation dosnt work on people like that .

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Give some praise to BBC.

I was educated in Ireland in the mid 70’s… I dodged a bullet, though lightly grazed. Apart from funerals, I’ve not been to confession or Mass since.

When organising mum’s funeral in 2009 the parish priest asked me when I’d last been to Mass, then asked if I wanted my confession heard. I told him I’d been educated in Ireland in the 70’s and he’d best not ask why he stood more chance of winning the lottery. He twigged immediately, “oh, let’s move onto a lighter subject then.”

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
A very deeply worrying and life affecting issue has been brought up here today.
It will be very difficult for some to be merely reminded of what happened to them in the past.

Please be very careful when recommending wrong doers should have violence inflicted upon them.
It is against the law to inflict violence in retribution.
The advocating of it is more than morally suspect, in my view.
This troubles me.