BBC

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
…and returning to the BBC…at least it doesn’t feel it necessary to include a representative from the very tiny ‘flat earth’ scientific community whenever it is hosting a debate that assumes that the Earth is round. On this the BBC clearly recognises that such representation is more likely to introduce misinformation, confusion and misunderstanding rather than provide for a ‘balanced’ debate.👍

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
Did Britain really need 15 minutes of BBC headline stories about England women losing the World Cup.
Same amount of time as the Letsby story a couple of days previous.
Probably, yes. Because it is an event that has actually captured a lot of attention of people in the UK. Mainly in England, yes, but also other areas as well. So, it is no surprise that the news is going to spend quite a bit of time reporting on something that many people have been interested in.

You might not be aware of this, not all news stories have to be about horrifically nasty things that have happened in the world. Sometimes they can be about sport or entertainment, just remember back to times when Great Britain & NI have had great days in the Olympics for example.

Swango1980

Visit site
Did I ever really need to know this from the BBC?

Nope. And I probably didn't need to know that Chris Evans got skin cancer or 99% of the other stories, just like I don't need to know 99% of news stories anywhere.

But, you see, the thing is is that the BBC is not a company that works directly for YOU. It tries to reach out to as many people within the entire UK as it can. And, I guess the story you highlighted is designed to add a bit of light-hearted relief to some people as they read through the various headlines. If you are the type of person that is mega-serious all the time, and only wants hard hitting articles, then fair enough. You just focus on those, and don't worry what sort of things other people like to read from time to time :)

RichA

Visit site

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
When people complain about what is shown on the news I am always reminded of these wise words from Mark Corrigan…

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
In theit latest reporting about Wagner's head, I'm informed that Prigozhin died in a plane crash (BBC News) or he might have not (BBC Verify).
Always best to cover all of your bases.
Reminds me of the quantum cat thought experiment devised by Schrodinger.
You're never going to know if the cat is alive or dead until you look.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
In theit latest reporting about Wagner's head, I'm informed that Prigozhin died in a plane crash (BBC News) or he might have not (BBC Verify).
Various Russian experts on the radio are equally being careful in confirming whether he has died or not. Until there is official confirmation it makes sense to be cautious.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't think you watched the BBC, or come to that listened to their radio?
For someone who bitches about the BBC and how you won't watch it, you certainly seem up to date......