Bandits/Cheats/Good Days and Bad

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just thought, if he shot 24 points for 9 holes off a 15 handicap, he was I assume 1 or 2 under par gross, well done for a 15 handicap, did he have any 'lucky' chip ins or silly long putts sunk that helped his score massively today ?:ROFLMAO:

Hope the club gets it sorted.
I think you meant 1 or 2 over par, no?

D

Deleted member 21258

I think you meant 1 or 2 over par, no?

I could say yes, but that would be lying :LOL: I did mean under as I missed calculated it in my head wrong but as you say is more likely to be 1 or 2 over par.(y)

I'm stupid, Doh :oops:

dronfield

Visit site
It is a bizzarre situation, as has already been stated, surely his h/c should just be tfd across from his previous club - i have heard of this being delayed due to previous clubs being slow to release a h/c.

On his application he must have stated existing gc? Unless the membership had lapsed and he technically didnt have an official h/c? I remember this being the case with a new member at my previous club, where he had in the past been low single, but was not joining from another club & so had to go through the 3 card process.

Odd that after several weeks of winning that somebody in the roll up has only just questioned his h/c background - assume going forward a more appropriate one will be insisted upon if he is to be allowed to play in the roll up.

Clearly needs addressing now before he "nicks" one of your club's majors.

Rich

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am aware ofna similar case a few years back where such a situation developed to the point that the player had won a few events...and then the phone calls started and the previous history was established.
Absolutey all prizes were demanded back, name deleted from trophies and boards - then politely asked to leave.
Back to this case - Why the swindle let him compete (on the basis of what's posted) amazes me. If it's established that his previous history wasn't disclosed fully the committee should sort things one way or another - and without wishing to pre-judge sometimes difficult situations it sounds like an allocation of 5.6, or 6.0, could well be appropriate .... and quickly. Whether the swindle politely request the return of funds would depend on exactly what is established.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I am sure I posted something very similar to this situation a few months ago and my questioning of said hcap was questioned. And that is putting it nicely.
We could give our opinions all day long but in essence, and this ones for Rosecott, Rule fan, and a few others as they are more persee re rules . Is there anything the club that said golfer is now at can do in regards to contacting the other club said golfer previously played at.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is there anything the club that said golfer is now at can do in regards to contacting the other club said golfer previously played at.

There are a number of things they can do once alerted to possible issues.
They can contact the previous club, but they shouldn't need to because once they know he was a member at a previous club they can search the CDH under that club and his name for his history.

Wolf

Visit site
I am aware ofna similar case a few years back where such a situation developed to the point that the player had won a few events...and then the phone calls started and the previous history was established.
Absolutey all prizes were demanded back, name deleted from trophies and boards - then politely asked to leave.
Back to this case - Why the swindle let him compete (on the basis of what's posted) amazes me. If it's established that his previous history wasn't disclosed fully the committee should sort things one way or another - and without wishing to pre-judge sometimes difficult situations it sounds like an allocation of 5.6, or 6.0, could well be appropriate .... and quickly. Whether the swindle politely request the return of funds would depend on exactly what is established.
I was amazed to when they said its been several weeks, I'm back down the club Friday so will ask a few questions to what's been established, but l hopes it's a simple thing for the club as they will now be aware of his previous club so contact can be made and relevant course of action taken.

I can only work on the assumption when he joined nothing was disclosed to the club. We've had an influx of some new members recently due to an offer the club had on for joining. I know of another incident recently where we had 2 lads come from another club and try and submit cards but was pointed out handicap will just be transferred and that's what rightly happened.

In this case as u said above I can only assume he didn't disclose it to the Pro who is also our secretary so could have slipped through and if that's the case it's been done dishonestly and hopefully sanctions be taken.

Tashyboy

Visit site
There are a number of things they can do once alerted to possible issues.
They can contact the previous club, but they shouldn't need to because once they know he was a member at a previous club they can search the CDH under that club and his name for his history.
Cheers duncan me man. Another day ave learned something. 👍

dronfield

Visit site
I am sure I posted something very similar to this situation a few months ago and my questioning of said hcap was questioned. And that is putting it nicely.
We could give our opinions all day long but in essence, and this ones for Rosecott, Rule fan, and a few others as they are more persee re rules . Is there anything the club that said golfer is now at can do in regards to contacting the other club said golfer previously played at.

You would imagine they could contact previous club to ascertain how recently he was a member - ie, has he been playing there this year, or did he leave some time ago (in which case assume 3 new cards is only option?).

Am guessing his prev club are not on HDID?

D

Deleted member 16999

You would imagine they could contact previous club to ascertain how recently he was a member - ie, has he been playing there this year, or did he leave some time ago (in which case assume 3 new cards is only option?).

Am guessing his prev club are not on HDID?

I’d imagine they are on one of the systems, easy to search HDID or Masterscoreboard etc for Club name to find out what they use.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Clubs are required to maintain playing records for the current year and the previous 2 years. I suspect that most clubs do that as an absolute minimum. Ours go back to 2002 when we first started using Handicapmaster.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Truly shocking that this happens and its not just a shame its an absolute disgrace that this fellow is stealing money from people week in, week out. It's theft pure and simple. I'm glad I'm not a member there. I wouldn't trust myself if I ran into him.

What's more important is that your club MUST put a stop to this immediately. Can't believe how angry I feel about a post on the internet - its utterly disgusting behaviour and must be stopped

Tashyboy

Visit site
Clubs are required to maintain playing records for the current year and the previous 2 years. I suspect that most clubs do that as an absolute minimum. Ours go back to 2002 when we first started using Handicapmaster.

reason i quoted you and a couple of others, am sure i posted something similar a few months ago re a guy at our place, which got a bit debated to say the least. i could not remember if a suggestion was mentioned re being able to check ones previous hcap. i felt sure a few learned forumers would have an answer.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
My view / opinion which won’t be popular with 99% of people.
Everyone is a bandit unless you play in every qualifier you possibly can, people that play the 3 qualifiers over the season are hiding for a reason. Be it low guys trying to stay low or high guys trying to stay high or even players that say they can’t play with a card in hand.
I don’t care if someone plays 20+ handicappers and gets 20 x 0.1’s, they are putting cards in. It’s no easy feat to play badly just to increase a handicap.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If he hasn’t disclosed his previous hcap he is just cheating imo.
He would not get away with this at my club.
The lads in the sweep are no fools.
As wolf says his ballstriking would give it away
But to win 7 on the trot, he’s not making many friends.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My view / opinion which won’t be popular with 99% of people.
Everyone is a bandit unless you play in every qualifier you possibly can, people that play the 3 qualifiers over the season are hiding for a reason. Be it low guys trying to stay low or high guys trying to stay high or even players that say they can’t play with a card in hand.
I don’t care if someone plays 20+ handicappers and gets 20 x 0.1’s, they are putting cards in. It’s no easy feat to play badly just to increase a handicap.
I'm technically a bandit by accident. Probably play in about half the comps, try really hard and score 94 or something. Friendly rounds in between and it's 87.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm technically a bandit by accident. Probably play in about half the comps, try really hard and score 94 or something. Friendly rounds in between and it's 87.
You can’t be a bandit if you are trying to score as low as you can.
A bandit manipulates his score to order.