Balls!

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Just wondering what everyone's preferred golf balls are and why.Do you buy what you want regardless of price, buy cheap as possible or somewhere in between.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just wondering what everyone's preferred golf balls are and why.Do you buy what you want regardless of price, buy cheap as possible or somewhere in between.

I go for the best ball i can in the price range i prefer. I'm never going to pay very top end prices so that rules out the Titleist Pro V range,Taylor Made TP5 etc,etc but I do buy Srixon AD333 Tour, Callaway Chrome Soft and Nike Rzn Tour Platinum according to the best deals available at the time.

D

Deleted member 18121

9 times out of 10 Srixon AD333..... as for my standard of play its plenty good enough.

If they're on offer the AD333 Tour.

If money was no object that it would be callaway chromesoft.......love love love those balls.

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I used to use really cheap Decathlon Inesis 100 golf balls (about 20p each), but 6 months ago I started using the much more expensive Inesis 520 soft, (about 60p each).

I am not a believer in the power of the golf ball :fore:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I really like the Wilson Staff DX2 soft ball

I was in a golf shop (old boy behind counter.. had just popped in as near work and always wanted to see) couldnt get out of there as he was so friendly so felt like I should buy something as not to waste his time.... bought 2 of these DX2 balls off the side for like £3.. tried them out loved them so bought 6 dozen

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Taylormade Lake balls, Pearl of course :D. Any model. Buy them in winter and ideally they will see me through the summer. Last years lot cost me 33p per ball and they are great. TM balls seem to last well and they feel nice off the face.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I normally buy lakeballs but stick to one model. Last year I played Srixon SoftFeel Lady balls and really liked them, this year I bought Callaway Solaires, because they were available for pretty cheap and I had used them before and found them quite good. In comparison I must say that I liked the Srixons slightly better (even though I don't know if I really would be able to tell them apart on feel or performance alone). Both balls don't generate much spin, though.

I recently found a Srixon Z-Star in neon yellow and was really impressed. Not only does it spin like crazy, it also seems to be virtually indestructable. I hit several trees and cart paths with it and there is not a scratch on it. If I wouldn't still lose so many balls, that is definitely the ball I would go for. Maybe I treat myself to a dozen and then only play them on special occasions :D

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I play the Vice Pro+ and have done for about 18 months.

Bought them in bulk so they were pretty cheap but they, for me anyway, perform just like a pro V1x for a fraction of the price.

karlcole

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I like the double dozen chromeosft that can be picked up for £50 minus crossfields 7% discount and free postage its good value

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I use Chromesofts now as my ball of choice. Also use Titleist Velocity for cashing in 2's prizes as our pro shop doesn't carry Calloway balls.

Favourite ball Bridgestone e6 is to much effort to get hold of in the UK.

Always stock up when I see the Callaways on offer around Xmas. I also like the yellow ones in winter.

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I like the 333 Tour and the Z Star but I also really like the Tru Vis Chrome Soft balls too. If you offered me 200 free balls I think right now I would take the Tru Vis Chrome Soft as they really suit my eye, especially for putting.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's related, so I'll hijack the thread as not worth it's own, but has anyone played with the Volvik balls. Pricey but the range of colours is catching the eye!

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It's related, so I'll hijack the thread as not worth it's own, but has anyone played with the Volvik balls. Pricey but the range of colours is catching the eye!
I have, yes. I liked them, super easy to see and find.

I used the bright pink ones. I still have one left and also a sleeve of the orange for the winter time.

Try them, cant see you being disappointed.

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
I have only ever played Titleist. Years ago it would've been the balata, these days it's the Prov1. Prov1 over the prov1x for me as i hit quite a high ball and the prov1 helps produce a slightly lower trajectory. I also prefer the feel around the greens of the prov1.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Gave up buying balls 25 years ago.

Really appreciate everyone who does buy them, and leaves them lying around on the course for me though...

Current preference to play is the Chromesoft

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bridgestone E6 lake balls for me.

I got a good deal on some cheap E6s a few years ago and got on well with them. So from then on they became my go to ball.

I don't like spending a lot on golf balls given they have a very short life in my hands! I can get these for less than £1 per ball, buy in bulk at the start of the season and they see me through.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Any premium ball unless the greens are soft then it's a Chromesoft or Ad333 Tour....
Haven't purchased balls for what seems like years

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My choice of balls are at least a 3 piece ball, less side spin from the driver and longer clubs and really good greenside spin with a soft feel from the putter.

My current choices are Bridgestone 330RXS for summer and faster greens and 330RX for winter and slower greens. They were bought on clearance at about 2 thirds of the cost of current top end balls.

I have recently bought a load of Nike One RZN White because they were so cheap and will probably make a good Autumn /spring ball when the greens are softer but running a touch slower.

When I run out of what I currently have I would probably go for Chrome Soft.