Balls!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
...... I started using the much more expensive Inesis 520 soft, (about 60p each).

I am not a believer in the power of the golf ball :fore:

I picked one of these up playing in France at the weekend. Wasn't going to use it but was playing pretty crap yesterday at Belle Dune on the front nine. Lost a couple of balls, and was down to handful of new ones which I didn't want to lose so quickly, so put it in play. It didn't feel as soft of the irons as ProV/ Chromesoft et al, and was a little bit hard off the putter, but I did manage to par 6 holes in a row with it......... which quite surprised me. I did lose it on the last, I'm not sure I'd rush out to buy any more though.

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My usual choice of Balls is Srixon.

At the start of this year I bought AD333's, I thought these were fantastic, held up well through winter, were easy to find in the rough as they are usually whiter than white. Affordable too as I was buying 2 Dozen for £30 so not too expensive to lose them, as the season went on I ended up treating myself to the new Z Star's which have been fantastic so far. £75 for 2 Dozen with the Prostate cancer logo too, but you can really notice the difference off the putter face and around the green chipping.

I will be swapping between the AD333's and Z Star's until something else beats my opinion.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I play the Vice Pro+ and have done for about 18 months.

Bought them in bulk so they were pretty cheap but they, for me anyway, perform just like a pro V1x for a fraction of the price.
have seen the Vlog from Rick Shiels on these and they do look good. They match the Pro V across all performance measures and come in at a fraction of the cost!

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I like the double dozen chromeosft that can be picked up for £50 minus crossfields 7% discount and free postage its good value

Where are you seeing the double dozen for £50?! and what is the code for the discount?

YamiKuriboh

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm a high handicapper so use lake balls as i tend to lose a few everytime I play. I went for a bag of 100 or so for £15 off a large online retailer. I'm getting better and losing less and less though :D

The lake balls I have bought were mixed brands but, after reading a few posts above, i think I will go for a consistent brand in the future. Great tip - thanks Capella.

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Ad333/tour
Bridgestone e6
Always buy used pearl.

Found a new chromesoft recently and used that the last 2 rounds & liked it.

C&R

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I really like the Wilson Staff DX2 soft ball

I was in a golf shop (old boy behind counter.. had just popped in as near work and always wanted to see) couldnt get out of there as he was so friendly so felt like I should buy something as not to waste his time.... bought 2 of these DX2 balls off the side for like £3.. tried them out loved them so bought 6 dozen

Have to agree. Lovely feel👍🏻

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Depends on what's available in the long stuff, sometimes it'll be a 'Pro V1x' or sumfin like that, other times it could be a 'Srixon soft feel' or even an 'AD333tour' if I'm lucky... :thup:

ps, I do draw the line at 'Pinnacles' and other such trash though, and as for 'Callaway Warbirds' they go straight in the knocker box, like ittin bloody 'musket balls' them...

Last edited:

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I picked one of these up playing in France at the weekend. Wasn't going to use it but was playing pretty crap yesterday at Belle Dune on the front nine. Lost a couple of balls, and was down to handful of new ones which I didn't want to lose so quickly, so put it in play. It didn't feel as soft of the irons as ProV/ Chromesoft et al, and was a little bit hard off the putter, but I did manage to par 6 holes in a row with it......... which quite surprised me. I did lose it on the last, I'm not sure I'd rush out to buy any more though.

You shot par on 6 out of nine and you didn't rush off to Decathlon and buy 5 dozen !!!

:)

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Currently I play TM Project (a) as I got the box about a year ago when I subscribed to a magazine. Before that I played Erixon Soft Feel, then AD333 which were rated highly on this forum. Once I run through the TMs I still have a few sleeves of AD333s, then I have to buy something after that.

splashtryagain

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just discover the wilson staff urethane - amazing ball and not badly priced. Is this what happened to my old ball - the fg tour?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I play decent premium balls. I get them on offer or brand new from eBay trusted sellers. Never pay more than £30 a dozen.... tend to switch between pro v1x/z star xv. You can get last yrs pro v models for £30 or less.

graham64

Medal Winner
Visit site
I've got a mate who walks his dog round the local golf course and he let's me have 50 titelist for £10 usually a good mixture