Balls!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Gave up buying balls 25 years ago.

Really appreciate everyone who does buy them, and leaves them lying around on the course for me though...

Current preference to play is the Chromesoft

Yes - I too am finding a liking for the Chromesoft being the favourite ball to lose round my track. You can take the 8yr old wee Scottish lad who used to crawl about under the gorse looking for balls out of Scotland but...

Buy a golf ball...??

I've got very fussy these days though - not bothering with the dozens of perfectly good AD333s I find round and about...too many ProVs and good Callaways and Bridgestones used and lost in Surrey.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
my ball of pref would be a Prov1x then the ord Prov. rarely buy any balls as one of my dogs loves hunting for balls and finds lots.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
my ball of pref would be a Prov1x then the ord Prov. rarely buy any balls as one of my dogs loves hunting for balls and finds lots.

The ProV1x is a far rarer find around my place than the ProV1; so putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 I conclude that better golfers use the ProV1x. I found myself using a Prov1x recently and liked it - -possibly preferred it over the ProV1. Must encourage greater sales of ProV1x amongst members.

SVB

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Pro V1s (normally pearl grace lake balls if I'm buying them but with the odd corp day / pick ups + drop weather so a bit less golf I don't think I've bought a box this year)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm still trying out a few different brands to be honest. For a while I was just using ones people bought for me so I've only just recently started buying my own. I never want to spend big money on balls as it just wouldn't be worth it for me - I just want a good value soft ball, under £20 for a dozen ideally. I tried Srixon AD333 first and they were pretty decent, I'm now trying Callaway Supersoft which are pretty similar. I want to try Wilson DX2 at some point as well. In all honesty I'll probably end up deciding that any of those three will do and just whichever is cheaper at the time.

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
Nike RZN black volt but increasingly I'm swapping them out for pro v1 half used when OB is on a hole :-( I hate losing new balls infact if it doesn't last 18 holes I'm in a bad way.

they're not free it hurts

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm using the new Pro v's at the moment and I love them. I do buy Vice balls from time to time but are finding the 2017 Pro v really top notch

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm still trying out a few different brands to be honest. For a while I was just using ones people bought for me so I've only just recently started buying my own. I never want to spend big money on balls as it just wouldn't be worth it for me - I just want a good value soft ball, under £20 for a dozen ideally. I tried Srixon AD333 first and they were pretty decent, I'm now trying Callaway Supersoft which are pretty similar. I want to try Wilson DX2 at some point as well. In all honesty I'll probably end up deciding that any of those three will do and just whichever is cheaper at the time.

Can get dx2 for £81 for 6 dozen that works out 13.50 a dozen

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Been playing Srixon soft feel for the last few rounds due to their price but after a reading a few posts here I think I'll give a few others a try

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks all, really interesting to see the responses and there are definitely some distinct groups. I agree with the people rating the chromesofts whenever I have found one the course it has been a lovely ball to play with.

I went and bought a dozen of the red chromesofts yesterday, and some CR controls (cheap balls for when it's not going too well) look forward to playing with them. The Vice balls have intrigued me but never found one to play with, perhaps they will be the next purchase after the Callaways have gone.

Even since I was a junior I have never been too fussed with the ProVs perhaps I was expecting too much after all the hype. Did love the Z-stars too.