Balls, The softer the better for me.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
Im looking a new ball to play. I love the new tech of Low spin off the driver and softer feeling ball on the rest of the shots. im not too fussed about backspin around the greens.My number 1 pick so far is the supersoft. I need some real feedback from you guys on Soft. Low spinning balls that feel great off irons and wedges.All makes considered and your thoughts are appreciated.Dave

chasf

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Im looking a new ball to play. I love the new tech of Low spin off the driver and softer feeling ball on the rest of the shots. im not too fussed about backspin around the greens.My number 1 pick so far is the supersoft. I need some real feedback from you guys on Soft. Low spinning balls that feel great off irons and wedges.All makes considered and your thoughts are appreciated.Dave

the wilson staff dx2 soft is the softest ball on the market, they feel great off the driver and irons. Can get them in cool colours to.

Last edited:

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Pete Finch did a great vid in relation to the Callaway ss. I really like it also but I've not played with it in summer conditions yet. It doesn't spin that well in approach shots they say.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

TBH, i don't think there are many bad balls on the market these days.

during the season i like a Prov1x (2016) model. i've yet to find a better ball.

but there's plenty of others that are cheaper.

Mid range Srixon Ad333 tour are pretty good as are the soft feel.

Callaway do a super soft and the Chromsoft.

these would be my recommendation

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
Pete Finch did a great vid in relation to the Callaway ss. I really like it also but I've not played with it in summer conditions yet. It doesn't spin that well in approach shots they say.

Yeah ive seen that video. and all the others but theres not enough comparison content on Balls online. im thinking I should start a channel dedicated just to real time testing and comparison of golf balls only.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Not the thread for me then, as all the balls mentioned so far are like hitting wine gums. So soft, there is zero feedback to me.

Useless post in the context of things, but i guess each to their own. Might as well steal 60% range balls to play with.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TBH, i don't think there are many bad balls on the market these days.

during the season i like a Prov1x (2016) model. i've yet to find a better ball.

but there's plenty of others that are cheaper.

Mid range Srixon Ad333 tour are pretty good as are the soft feel.

Callaway do a super soft and the Chromsoft.

these would be my recommendation

I hit my hole in one and my longest ever drive with a Srixon soft feel. Great balls although i see the price of them has risen more than a little recently.

Hasten to add that it was not the same ball. There was two years and maybe 50 rounds of gold between the two events. By my maths that is also approximately 583 new balls between the two...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I hit my hole in one and my longest ever drive with a Srixon soft feel. Great balls although i see the price of them has risen more than a little recently.

Hasten to add that it was not the same ball. There was two years and maybe 50 rounds of gold between the two events. By my maths that is also approximately 583 new balls between the two...

well if you are ever up this was, i might have a nice present for you i have hundreds of the things

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
well if you are ever up this was, i might have a nice present for you i have hundreds of the things

might get me through a 36 hole comp with those

Think i need to swap out my Springer Spaniel for a a GSP... Would save me a fortune

Ps i am jesting... i have used the same ball for the last 2 rounds (chrome soft). A total first for me and i took great pleasure in bemoaning the lack of "durability" from these premium balls to my PP...

ha ha

I though i would seize the opportunity to humble brag

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
might get me through a 36 hole comp with those

Think i need to swap out my Springer Spaniel for a a GSP... Would save me a fortune

Ps i am jesting... i have used the same ball for the last 2 rounds (chrome soft). A total first for me and i took great pleasure in bemoaning the lack of "durability" from these premium balls to my PP...

ha ha

I though i would seize the opportunity to humble brag

young Rupert has some way to got to match Baldricks ball finding skills. he is only interest in picking up stuff and running away with it at the moment.

he he is look unhappy the wife stuck a bib on him;)bib.jpg

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I very rarely try balls that fit your description because I want a ball with lots of greenside spin.

Based upon what I have tried I would consider srixon Soft feel, Titleist Tru Soft, Callaway Soft feel.

I have only tried with a putter Wilson Staff DX2 soft, Pinnacle Soft, Srixon Marathon Soft and these might fit the brief

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
For social rounds I use callaway supersoft or NXT tour S.
competition if dry enough. Pro V1.
Hoping to try the new tour soft from Titleist.

I too like a soft ball. Found chromesofts fairly hard.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It’ll be interesting to try out the new Titleist Tour Soft ball. It’s a replacement for the NXT so I imagine it’ll be of a similar feel.

DaveTheHead00

Medal Winner
Visit site
the wilson staff dx2 soft is the softest ball on the market, they feel great off the driver and irons. Can get them in cool colours to.

I have looked at these upon your say so. They seem very reasonable in terms of price. I think they have a matte finish, I think there trying to encroach on the volvik vivid section of the market. these look a good shout.